Stuck Sump Nut

design guru

Car
2001 W220 Mercedes S320cdi
The sump nut on my C240 W202 is stuck! It looks like the last owner attempted to undo it and damaged the outside so now not even a spanner or socket will fit properly.

Any ideas or suggestions?

I want to do an oil change and I have a new sump nut to replace but removing the original is the problem.

artyman

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
C 200 CDI Sport
Cut a slot and use a big screwdriver. Heating it may help as well.

NW_Merc

Banned
Car
1994 Mercedes C180 classic
Just adding to what Ian has just said, the bolt extractors are worth their weight in gold. However you will need to remove the bolt from the extractor socket with a pair of pliers and replace the sump nut with a new one.

R.Sendout

Car
1997 C180 classic
I did an oil change on mine yesterday and the sump bolt was silly tight. I would highly recommend the use of a 6 sided socket for doing this as the bolt used is quite soft.

I know this doesn't solve your problem but I have also found the Irwin extractors very good, although not a guaranteed solution.

Harrythedog

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
GLC 250 Sport Premium+
Set of 10" Stilsons

OP
OP
design guru

design guru

Car
2001 W220 Mercedes S320cdi
Took the weld option as I new a guy who helped me out when my wheel locking nut was damaged. He did say that even if I got the bolt extractors I would have probably had a job removing them as the nut was on so tight it took him 3 welds and it final gave way.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom