Stuffed under a truck....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rod Adams

Car
1990 W126 420SE, 1994 R129 SL320
About a week after I discovered it was a sportline. this happened....

Crashed merc.jpg

A 7.5t truck turned right across my path, no where else to go but underneath it. Glad I was driving the merc!!

Now for the bun fight with the insurance. They've already decided it was 100% his fault, so just waiting to see what they say re right off / cost to fix etc.

Any guesses on how much I can expect?

Cheers,

Rod.

Rod Adams said:
About a week after I discovered it was a sportline. this happened....

View attachment 5281

Any guesses on how much I can expect?

Cheers,

Rod.

If it is his fault, and that is admitted, you can if you wish, insist that the car is returned to it's original condition.

Holy crap,

What is it with this forum at the moment! drive cafefully guys!

KillerHERTZ said:
Holy crap,

What is it with this forum at the moment! drive cafefully guys!
The recent ones have been done while the car was stationary though! How safely do people have to drive to avoid that? :crazy:

Fix it? Looks like a write off and given the likely damage would you want to drive it again?

KillerHERTZ said:
Mine wasnt stationary :)
It was eventually! I was of course refering to cars that were peacefully sleeping behind a wall etc ;)

Not sure I would want to drive it again, but the cost to fix, if its high, is a useful bargaining tool when dealing with the other party's insurance co.

Cheers,

Rod.

Sorry to hear the bad news Rod. At least you are ok though.

Good luck with the repair, if that's what you/they decide.

Cheers, Bill.
:(

Glad your ok - looking at pics it def is a write off and the repair costs will heavily exceed the market value of the vehicle and my guesses are that the front chassis is gone too...

Sorry to hear about it - glad you are OK

All together now: "Another project for Ian B Walker......" :bannana:

Nope, still have an on going project :D Mind you I quite fancy the seats if they are cream ;)

100% A write off, you saw how little damage mine was to cause it to be a write off!

Glad you werent hurt :)

Ian B Walker said:
Nope, still have an on going project :D Mind you I quite fancy the seats if they are cream ;)

What...:confused: Looking at topless women...:D

Afraid it definitely looks like a write off. Looks light some impact, hope you were okay?

Good luck with the insurers...

I wouldn't want it back either - sometimes it's just not worth it. All that matters is that you are OK. Most car's can be replaced - people can't.

Tough luck. As with Pontoneer, nothing worse than being totally helpless whilst some cretin ruins you day.

What an opportunity though: saw off the front and pop-rivet on the front of an E500;) .

I would put the car on Ebay, you seem to be able to sell any crap on there,

Another very sad sight .

For what it's worth , the front end of mine is untouched .....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom