Stunning 300ce amg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Indeed. Red just tends to fade easier.

PICT3758.jpg

Well I think this one in red looks absolutely beautiful.... Colour code the bumper strips, refurb the wheels with black centres, black the grill and the coupe has the potential to look as good as this Estate.....

this looks good but a pre-facelift always will.

Welcome to the subtle world of the coupe......so how long before it has 2 turbos bolted on to it???

I love it too.....a great drive home and now parked up in my stable.

What a lovely car...my first ever w124 coupe ! :)

T

Well done, glad it's gone to someone who will look after it.:thumb:

Welcome to the subtle world of the coupe......so how long before it has 2 turbos bolted on to it???

Or a RHD V8:devil: if you can change/move/do away with the steering box:D

Thanks all.

There was a specific reason for buying this - it completes a trio of AMG cars i have in Signal Red with Black interior. I have a w126 SE with Gen 2 AMG, a w201 Widebody AMG and with this w124 CE, it completes a special threesome in the Red and Black theme !

I intend to do the following immediately :

- refurb the AMG Aero I alloys and refinish with Signal Red centres
- replace front wings (I had two spare good ones in the garage!)
- replace driver wing mirror with pass mirror from a LHD car to get matching mirrors (something i have done on all my w124s)
- have wing mirror backings painted red
- have headlight wiper arms painted red with blade holders in red
- have door handles finished in sating black
- front grille to be done in satin black and red theme
- rear bumper refurb
- fit either a Remus or AMG rear exhaust box
- fit period AMG steering wheel
- fit period AMG speedo dial

Summer time (and not neccesarily 2013 Summer!) :

- M119 v8 (CIS version not LH)
- Recaro CSEs or Orthopads in the front

The car is a great drive as it stands - i have never driven such a good M103 engined car ! the car has nil rattles or squeaks - i expected some serious matters to deal with at the price i paid but it is truly a joy when a seller describes a car to be so good and it turns out to be true ! Super seller, the kind that puts faith back in humans :)

Some pics below of the bigger sister w126 that the CE stands next to and has chinwags with in my stable !

talbir

Attachments

• redSE.jpg
    redSE.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 47
  • redSE3.jpg
    redSE3.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 49
  • redSE2.jpg
    redSE2.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 48
Very nice. Now forgive my confusion but I thought the M119 did not fit hence the 500e's being left hookers only, so what needs to be done to make it fit?

well done Talbir,

i believe the chap you bought it off is a member on here.

Thanks all.

There was a specific reason for buying this - it completes a trio of AMG cars i have in Signal Red with Black interior. I have a w126 SE with Gen 2 AMG, a w201 Widebody AMG and with this w124 CE, it completes a special threesome in the Red and Black theme !

Damn! I know you said it wasnt your cup of tea, but that Signal Red R107 500SL AMG that you sold, would have truelly finished off the above trio... Now that would be a photo shoot and a half, with all FOUR of them....

How was the rest of the paint?.... will she be getting a fresh coat of signal red or blown in where neccessary??

Damn! I know you said it wasnt your cup of tea, but that Signal Red R107 500SL AMG that you sold, would have truelly finished off the above trio... Now that would be a photo shoot and a half, with all FOUR of them....

How was the rest of the paint?.... will she be getting a fresh coat of signal red or blown in where neccessary??

Well i can still do that photo shoot as the SL is with a very good friend of mine :)

The paint is excellent - needs no more than a solid polish, so impressed with the entire car.

thanks
talbir

What sort of modding to engine mounts etc? sounds like you have done at least one

The mounts need to be custom made, but you can keep the engine cross member intact. I've got a 560 v8 here that I nearly fitted to my 300e, the lack of a manual box put me off. We did have it in the engine bay, hanging off the crane to see what fitted though.

Summer time (and not neccesarily 2013 Summer!) :

- M119 v8 (CIS version not LH)

talbir

Talbir, are you planning to fit the m119 and loom complete from the 500sl, or are you going to build a Japan spec m117/9? :thumb:

Very nice. Now forgive my confusion but I thought the M119 did not fit hence the 500e's being left hookers only, so what needs to be done to make it fit?

You need the engine cross member and firewall panels from a 500e, iirc the only reason there are no rhd 500e's is because there was not enough of a market for them.

The car is a great drive as it stands - i have never driven such a good M103 engined car ! the car has nil rattles or squeaks - i expected some serious matters to deal with at the price i paid but it is truly a joy when a seller describes a car to be so good and it turns out to be true ! Super seller, the kind that puts faith back in humans :)

Some pics below of the bigger sister w126 that the CE stands next to and has chinwags with in my stable !

talbir

Thread revival,
I was the seller of this beauty. A car I truly regret selling.
Back on the boards as I am back in a 124.
Any recent pics of this would be great.
Dave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom