stunning photo of a Pagoda

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Boss

MB Enthusiast
Car
private!
527013_10151164087921670_434717456_n.jpg

Do you have access to any more pics of this model? It's not a standard Pagoda, in fact given that the nickname Pagoda was inspired by the curved roof, it's not even that!! I'm wondering if it's a Pininfarina/other styled 113?

Looks nicer than the production model, needs lowering at the front or raising at the rear slightly though...

Is it wider than normal too...??

A Mercedes I really like and if I was a bit braver, would own...

2048_1999DIG971.jpg

mercedes-benz-220se-w111w112-1959%E2%80%9365.jpg

the concept is stunning... puts mega shame on mercedes current offerings

Seems to be a styling studio shot although the only thing that doesn't ring true is the road plates and country designator, but them Mercedes could have done it differently back then.

Also I am surprised its not on a turntable, I wonder if its a pre-production model that was sent to an outside styling house for some work to be done?

Just remembered from other items that the Pagoda is 50 years old this year, and this was included in an email I've just caught up with.

61942.jpg

"This early design exercise looks fairly rakish but not entirely consistent from a design standpoint. We see the struggle between design elements rooted in the '50s - roof curvature, sloping upper door line - and sharper more modern elements such as the horizontal crease running the length of the coachwork. Note the 300SL door handles and 13" wheels right off a 220SE ponton. At this stage the new SL was badged as a 220SL. This would soon change."

really.. the concept flows very well.. in my eyes..

kinda reminded me of

1960_Chevrolet_Corvette_Race_Rat_resize.jpg

corp_0310_01+1960_chevrolet_corvette+.jpg

both very attractive

Nice car but the pic IMHO lacks contrast and looks flat
It is supposed to look that way, all the better to judge the surface detail and contours, in the styling studio were I worked I had just three 18 foot overhead window lights, the designers hate contrast and colour, all concepts and design bucks were in silver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom