Stunning W123

• Thread starter Deleted member 37751
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That’s a nice motor. Get it bought Lee... :D

That’s a nice motor. Get it bought Lee... :D
Pretty much any spare minutes I have now is looking at W123’s and W126’s and trying to work our how I can get them home without breaking curfew!

Why no pictures of the engine? I just drove my W123 280TE wagon and it's a fun drive. It's hard to believe that these are the values they're fetching in the UK. I just threw my 280TE on ebay with a starting price of $2750 and to my surprise. I didn't get one bid which is perplexing because I can drive this car to California tomorrow if I needed to.

1980 Mercedes-Benz 200-Series 280TE | eBay

That’s a nice one. Bargain for under $3k
Why no pictures of the engine? I just drove my W123 280TE wagon and it's a fun drive. It's hard to believe that these are the values they're fetching in the UK. I just threw my 280TE on ebay with a starting price of $2750 and to my surprise. I didn't get one bid which is perplexing because I can drive this car to California tomorrow if I needed to.

1980 Mercedes-Benz 200-Series 280TE | eBay

Like it alot that was the first mercedes I ever goy to drive a friend had it as a company car,it just shows that well looked after a car at that age and the mileage can still look great.

14inch wheels? - leaded petrol/ valve seats ? - those 2.8s 6's like a drink ? - Mechanical tappets ? - Shit colour sorry just a few possible ownership wrinkles ---but appart from that a very nice example ?

Gorgeous looking car. Must be amongst the last made being 1985 also.

Nice looking w123 but for me to shell out that sort of money it would need to be diesel and in a non german taxi colour.

Very "expensive" looking dealer premises as well, no doubt puts the price up by a few grand.

Stunning :) It would last you another 35 years :thumb:

Reactions: SG1
14inch wheels? - leaded petrol/ valve seats ? - those 2.8s 6's like a drink ? - Mechanical tappets ? - Shit colour sorry just a few possible ownership wrinkles ---but appart from that a very nice example ?

If I recall correctly all post war mercs had hardened valve seats and just required the timing retarded to run on unleaded. Was the case on my w126 anyway

If it wasn't hearing aid beige I would definitely have this. From the VIN tag it looks like a saffa built one and has more than likely been imported recently, it doesn't come up on a VIN search. Worth checking if the aircon is factory or an aftermarket Diavia unit which a lot of SA cars have fitted badly, I have seen a few.

9100 and didn't meet reserve...

The boss of a company I worked for back in 1986 had the 280 in brown. He came round to pick us all up during the heavy snow of that same year & I remember him showing off with opposite lock antics driving us into work :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom