Stupid parents and idiot children.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Satch

MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 E320Cdi Avantgarde Estate & Toyota Land Cruiser
So it is Christmas Day mid afternoon by which time your children have gone well OTT and parents have had enough. What to do? Take them for a walk.

So of course by this time any remaining shreds of self control the children had has vanished and they are running aroound like lunatics and one of them has taken to running and sliding on its bum across the lumpy sheet ice that covers the road.

So it was that I found myself crawling at well sub walking pace in a BFO 4x4 along said road and find an idiot child sliding towards me down a slight incline, unable to stop.

I come to a halt. He does not and continues at fair pace past my drivers door until his progress is arrested by a tree. Blood, wails, parental screaming.

I can see where his could easily go so tell Mrs S call Plod etc.

Cut a long story short idiot parents start off my trying blame me but change tune when Plod arrive. Child carted off to A&E.

Merry Christmas, eh? All of a sudden the words of Scrooge about "reducing the surplus population" did not seem so harsh after all :doh:

What's a BFO?

Oh, does it start with big and end in off?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have four children. I find it hard to understand how any family can survive without basic respect for each other and discipline. Mine have known from the age they can walk that roads are dangerous, we stay together when out, no running, no acting the fool etc.

Parenting standards are, on the whole, abysmal, compared to what they used to be. Generalising I think it's because people are having children too young and one-parent families, a 30 year old grandparent probably doesn't have the experience or maturity to be the grandparent a child needs, a lone parent has a very hard job having to both care for and provide for their children, and not having the backup of a supportive partner for discipline and control.

Call me old fashioned and judgemental if you like, because I am.

Agree totally. My partner has three children, of which the youngest is 8 and a lot of the time is completely uncontrollable. His father is a complete nobber which doesn't help.

Funny that the year and a bit I've been on the scene, the youngest is now better, if far from perfect and will still try and 'push' it. He did similar a few days ago with the icy road and ended up dragged upstairs to clean his room until he understood that what he was doing was not only stupid but down right dangerous!!

The council should have brought out the machine designed to keep children off of icy roads.

The Gary Gritter

:)

A lot won't agree but there's something to be said for a good sharp slap on the back of the errant youngster's (cold) legs. As I said a lot won't agree but I still remember getting a crack from my Mum & my Dad, have I survived? Yes Did it do any lasting harm? No.
I've never yet watched a wildlife program and seen lioness putting an errant cub on the naughty step for a few seconds! Perhaps I might have blinked when that happens. :D. I've only seen a good hearty wallop.:)

I wondered when this would turn into another 'Daily Mail' thread....^^
Do you think children should be seen and not heard, aswell? Just give them a good crack when they step out of line, eh? Then wonder why, when they grow up, they equate discipline with violence :ban:

Do you think children should be seen and not heard, aswell? Just give them a good crack when they step out of line, eh? Then wonder why, when they grow up, they equate discipline with violence :ban:

Yawn......................:rolleyes:

I wonder why the only form of discipline in your tool kit is violence?

Yawn......................:rolleyes:

Is that the sum total of your reply? Yawn? So you condone child abuse?
I'm not some sandal-wearing liberal hippy, but I do take great exception when child abuse seems to be tolerated on this forum so much....

It isn't really a question of children being seen and not heard nor of perpetrating violence against children. And correctly applied discipline to counter violent youngsters is certainly not child abuse.

I was at a comprehensive school in the 80's when the cane was still in use and in a school of 1000+ pupils it was hardly ever used and when it was everyone got to hear about it as the news spread quickly. It didn't need to be used often as it was an effective deterrent at keeping most of us check. The most effective punishments are always those were the threat is great and the application rare.

There has always been a hard core of troubled youngsters who the system can't help no matter what it tries but many more simply get away with as much as they can knowing that there are no sanctions to be faced.

So what we have now are many youngsters who aren't just naughty, are not just disruptive and are not just badly behaved. They are criminally violent in a way that would lead to arrest and prosecustion if such actions were carried out by you or I in public. But because they are in a school environment there are no real sanctions other than exclusion (they don't want to be in school anyway), a talking to or being given one-to-one teaching away from other pupils and staff.

As a result we have the eduaction of well-behaved children being constantly disrupted, teachers siting poor pupil behaviour as the main reason for them leaving the profession in droves and young thugs retaining a "you can't touch me" air of impunity as they yet again avoid facing any real consequences for their behaviour towards staff and their fellow students.

I find that in the vast majority of cases (though not all!) young adults criminal behaviour is down to absent parenting - nothing to do with punishment or discipline, simply parents that can't be bothered / don't care / are too busy with themselves. If you leave your children to the authorities to raise - conveniently waiting for the school to do all your work - then you will get one very disturbed young adult. Education is a 24x7 affair.

Discipline does have a place though - for example when trying to teach your kids not to give in to drugs or alcohol abuse - or do well at school. But I doubt very much that unruly children to loving and caring parents grow up to be criminals.

Is that the sum total of your reply? Yawn? So you condone child abuse?
I'm not some sandal-wearing liberal hippy, but I do take great exception when child abuse seems to be tolerated on this forum so much....

I think you might be. :rolleyes:
Several times at school I was administered the slipper and the cane. At primary school I got the ruler over the palm of the hand and now at my age I certainly don't fit the bill of child abuser. I have never been in front of a judge and I firmly believe that the punishment that I received for my misdemeanours both at school and at home gave me a healthy respect and tolerance of most people, something I might be persuaded not to have for you!:eek:

Why do you think society has gone downhill like it has?
Because of all the politically correct tos*ers out there. Rant over. Now debate that!:devil:

Another reason society has gone downhill is because of the abhorrent lack of respect people show each other.

Only let people think you are stupid- don't open your mouth and confirm it ;)

Hmmm. interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom