Stupid question......?

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Big_Andy, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Big_Andy

Big_Andy New Member

Car:
    SLK 280, Porsche 911 & Golf GT TDi
    It may be a stupid question - but how the hell do you set the clock in the speedo of a R171 280 SLK?
    The manual suggests you do it via the menu's - unless you have the command system (as that gets it's time from the GPS).
    Well - I've got the command system, and that tells me it has the correct time but the clock in the speedo (shown in the image) is now an hour out. The Date & Time option is not listed in the menu's from the steering wheel buttons - so I'm lost.

....or do I have to wait 6 months !

Attached Files:

2. GP801

GP801 MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2003 W209 CLK, 2005 R171 SLK in UK, 1995 S124 E280 in Italy
    Our 171 with comand has to be set manually in the service/system menu. There is a button on the left of the unit. Eventually you will come to the time/date option. Its possible yours is a later version and might be different. If it is then sorry but I dont know the answer.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  3. OP
    OP
    Big_Andy

Big_Andy New Member

Car:
    SLK 280, Porsche 911 & Golf GT TDi
    Mines a '08 car on a '57 plate - but it's pre-facelift so should be the same as yours. I'll take another look in the morning.

4. joemackem

joemackem New Member

Car:
    SLK350 Auto
    Mines on a 55 plate and you need to use the audio booklet to reset the time/date which is how I did mine.

5. st13phil

st13phil MB Enthusiast

Car:
    His - Denim Blue A220 AMG Line Premium / Hers - Obsidian Black R172 SLK55
    Check that COMAND is set for automatic summer time and that the time zone is correct (they're options in the System menu somewhere).