Stupid W210 clock

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

allias

Car
00' W210 Est 320CDI
Can someone tell me how to adjust clock on my W210? I swaped my command for 2DIN Pionieer unit and I had a few chances to disconnect battery and since then my clock shows different time.

I already tried to look for option on steering wheel but mine doesnt have that option.

Can someone tell me what am I supposed to do?

Leave the battery disconnected until 12:00 :eek:

Only kidding (although it might work..). I think that the COMAND-equipped cars get the clock data from GPS, whereas others allow you to set it through the main menu on the cluster (ie - language, kph/mph, time etc).

Might need coding with STAR to disable the Navigation/COMAND function?

How long would it take to change it? I dont want to spend fortune just for bloody clock settings.

i know on the w211 its changed on comand must be the same on comand equipt cars, your may have to program the cluster using STAR to tell it you no longer have comand fitted. most good MB indi`s can do this for you.

Sorry a bit off topic but have you got any pictures of your new double din installed??

I ask this because I read somewhere that there is usually a small gap left after replacing a COMMAND unit with an aftermarket double din unit due to the COMMAND unit being slightly larger than double din :dk:

How long does it take to program my cluster?

GSD: Unfortunetly i dont but there is no gap as the frame fits perfect. There is bigger gap (~1mm) between radio and frame.

Setting the time is accessed via the menu system, specifically those set at standstill. When you find it, it will be obvious.

As Will mentioned you need to have it coded to remove navigation so you can set the time via cluster.

My understanding is that the cluster remains using the last setting from the Comand but if you power down/up the cluster it would reset to the manual time setting option. I'd suggest following the advice from Will, and you would not need to do it at 12:00.

This is not clear.
43.gif

It might not be clear to you but is very clear to us what you're here for :crazy:

Setting the time is accessed via the menu system, specifically those set at standstill. When you find it, it will be obvious.

I already tried so different ways...:mad: :wallbash::doh:

One thing left - de-coding Command from my car. :wallbash::wallbash:

My local In Car HiFi guy suggested I swap the Comand for a double Din Unit, he did explain that I would lose the integrated phone system I have and the car would need some re-programming by Star (perhaps to re-pram the clock?). I won't be replacing it even though the Pioneer looks great.

My local In Car HiFi guy suggested I swap the Comand for a double Din Unit, he did explain that I would lose the integrated phone system I have and the car would need some re-programming by Star (perhaps to re-pram the clock?). I won't be replacing it even though the Pioneer looks great.

Then you dont know what you missing. I can live with no steering controls but at the same time I love the sound quality and options from my DVD unit. Fits perfecly and looks great. Phone system on this unit works thru BT and its much better the one from Merc. Quality is great as well. Only one thing I miss is GPS but it had old maps anyway so I use Garmin for £65 and I feel like a winner anyway. :bannana::rock::thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom