Sub-£10k W211 E55 AMG.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 37751

There's just been a 2004 W211 E55 AMG listed on eBay with a buy it now of £9,500.

I can't post the link from my phone, but as soon as I get home I will.

Unless someone else can do it for me?

it says V8 Kompressor down the side, is that nearly 500 BHP for sub £10k?

Yes.

476 bhp if I remember correct.

yep VERY good price, it has hardly any options, not even parking sensors, but very good price!

the man has a black leather italian 3 seater sofa, and went to a U2 concert in dublin.

sound as a pound, i say :)

being Devils advocate ; - there may be something wrong which is not obvious and the seller is trying to get rid quick?

Possible but I've been watching the prices now and again for a while now and that is not far off for that age and mileage.

I've seen younger mileage examples up to that plate for a little more but higher milers are around there.

I'd imagine that plus bugger all options means it is not far off at that price...

E63s have now hit late teens so the knock on is marked.

A pal of mine saw a near identical spec E55 go through an auction this week for £4,800.00 - it might even have been this one.....

yep VERY good price, it has hardly any options, not even parking sensors, but very good price!

Its got the vital one, AMG V8 lump.

Thats some car for the money, and still very modern.

I doubt you'll go much quicker for 10 grand, the fact it seats 5 and is a Mercedes is a bonus

Here's another 'bargain'.

If you included the cost of the LPG installation, this would probably work out at roughly £10k as well..

2005 Mercedes-Benz E CLASS (211) Estate E55 AMG LPG | eBay

This one confused me that it has no COMAND but two screens in the rear. I was tempted to ask him about the spec as the e-bay ad seems useless. Not sure what MPG the LPG would enable on one of these. The fact it's been relisted would e a bargaining point but with the LPG it seems too good a deal to be true.

This one confused me that it has no COMAND but two screens in the rear. I was tempted to ask him about the spec as the e-bay ad seems useless. Not sure what MPG the LPG would enable on one of these. The fact it's been relisted would e a bargaining point but with the LPG it seems too good a deal to be true.

That car has been up for sale for at least 3 months.

Less options = less to go wrong..

Trouble is now the price to buy is affordable but it still costs a fair bit to keep them running nicely and if anything goes wrong.

What would it have been new £55k?

Thing is they are coming on to 10 years old and its a big engine (low mpg) high insurance, the E63's can be had in the teens now. Probably less and less people actually wanting them.

Last edited:
Less options = less to go wrong..

Trouble is now the price to buy is affordable but it still costs a fair bit to keep them running nicely and if anything goes wrong.

What would it have been new £55k?

Thing is they are coming on to 10 years old and its a big engine (low mpg) high insurance, the E63's can be had in the teens now. Probably less and less people actually wanting them.

Exactly my fear, if I bought one I think I'd be fooling myself if I thought I could easily keep up the maintenance on it. 'Normal' servicing wouldn't be an issue but the first non-servicing fault that came up would most likely finish me off.
I don't know if I could get an extended warranty on one nor if it would be valid for my extended time in Germany.

Exactly my fear, if I bought one I think I'd be fooling myself if I thought I could easily keep up the maintenance on it. 'Normal' servicing wouldn't be an issue but the first non-servicing fault that came up would most likely finish me off.
I don't know if I could get an extended warranty on one nor if it would be valid for my extended time in Germany.

That thinking went through my mind but my local inde said there were very few things that would cost an absolute fortune on this car at this age (one could argue 'he would say that' but I think he was right).

I said what about the transmission as I had heard they were £15k to buy new (I don't know if that is true but I reckon they aren't cheap from Mercedes) but he said he'd never known any tranmission not be brought back to shape from a £1500 refurb.

Of course, not many people have £1500 floating around in the pocket, but I would have thought if this figure is scary, perhaps certainly the E55K isn't the right car.

Given the MPG of your current car, you wont see a lot difference with an E though - I get a computer 20mpg and real life 18mpg.

John, thanks for that info. As you say if £1500 is scary then I should stay away, I can do a full engine and gearbox swap on mine for less than that so E55Ks are way off the cards for me. My only thought though is that is the price regardless of AMG or normal Merc box. On that basis why not just go for the one that's more fun LOL

John, thanks for that info. As you say if £1500 is scary then I should stay away, I can do a full engine and gearbox swap on mine for less than that so E55Ks are way off the cards for me. My only thought though is that is the price regardless of AMG or normal Merc box. On that basis why not just go for the one that's more fun LOL

I don't suppose there's a huge difference in the end, no. There will probably be recon units around anyway so you'd have to be pretty stuck to need to buy a new one from MB.

I think your last sentence sums it up for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom