Sub £20k C63 Financial Suicide?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian_Mac

Just sat browsing Autotrader as you do and have noticed the C63's are coming in under £20k now. So discounting the write-off's and others with a dubious past and assuming you do your homework with regard to service history etc are there any major pitfalls lurking round the corner which will affect the cars at some point?

I'm not in the market for one at the moment just wondering what could face potential owners. The kind of things I'm thinking of are the SBC issue which older Merc owners were faced with or the rear subframe issues M3 owners had, that king of thing.

Head bolts is the only thing I can think of as said.

I don't think they would be financial suicide. Get a good one which has been looked after and I would have thought you would be quids in over the depreciation from new.

I wouldn't expect them to be cheap to run but bang for buck - they are right up there in terms of value for money.

BMW M3 rules apply. Buy one from a workaholic in London that's only been used at the weekend, to pootle within the M25 and you'll be fine.

Buy one from its 5th owner on a council estate in the back of beyond, and you'll find some people have been giving it the berries in the past.

^ Excellent advice.

The obvious things that tend to catch people out when buying a performance car that has depreciated a good deal and therefore looks to be something of a bargain are brakes and suspension components that are either worn out or very tired.

The less obvious things include peripherals like aircon that doesn't, or forgetful memory seats / mirrors. These can cost a relative fortune to sort out.

As always though, buy with your eyes wide open and thoroughly check everything and you should be OK.

I'm keeping a close eye on the market recently and I've seen some very good cars (on paper) for around £21k

BMW M3 rules apply. Buy one from a workaholic in London that's only been used at the weekend, to pootle within the M25 and you'll be fine.

Buy one from its 5th owner on a council estate in the back of beyond, and you'll find some people have been giving it the berries in the past.

removed twice

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom