Sub Install?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Audio Addict

Car
2008 C63 AMG
What's the easiest way of installing a sub in a 2008 C63? (Don't say get someone else to do it lol)

Does command have line outs for amps, if they have how do you get to them?

Following the thread when someone posts something useful

Sent from my SM-T715 using Tapatalk

I am 99.9% sure COMAND doesn't have line outs for amps. Few, if any, manufacturer fit units do.

You will probably be best taking a high level input from the nearest speakers, or from the speaker wires coming out of the COMAND unit (some cars have a dumb unit in the front and the actual Nav processors and audio amplification in a metal box in the boot which is known as an 'Audio Gateway', 2007 W211 certainly did).

I had an infinite baffle set up in the rear deck on my E500 5.5 and the installer took the signal from the Audio Gateway in the boot.

If the car has Harman Kardon (or the it will have a sub in the boot/rear deck already and that's also a potential place to take the input from. If you have HK or an Audio Gateway, anything upstream of the amplifier will be a digital MOST BUS circuit.

Last edited:
I am 99.9% sure COMAND doesn't have line outs for amps. Few, if any, manufacturer fit units do.

You will probably be best taking a high level input from the nearest speakers, or from the speaker wires coming out of the COMAND unit (some cars have a dumb unit in the front and the actual Nav processors and audio amplification in a metal box in the boot which is known as an 'Audio Gateway', 2007 W211 certainly did).

I had an infinite baffle set up in the rear deck on my E500 5.5 and the installer took the signal from the Audio Gateway in the boot.

If the car has Harman Kardon (or the it will have a sub in the boot/rear deck already and that's also a potential place to take the input from. If you have HK or an Audio Gateway, anything upstream of the amplifier will be a digital MOST BUS circuit.

I'll have to have a dig around, my car doesn't have the Harman Kardon set up.

I'll have to have a dig around, my car doesn't have the Harman Kardon set up.
Mine does, so I shall un-subscribe. ;)

I just thought there's so much boot I could stick a sub in and please my wife with the high quality audio, but it sounds like it would be more effort than I'm willing to put in.

texasjohn said:
There is a sub set up for sale in classifieds with a custom enclosure for W204

I have seen that but it's too far for me to travel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom