Subaru Legacy Saloon 3.0 Spec B, £8200 discount

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Forgot to mention, DON'T buy the diesel they are cylinder head prone, have seen failures occur at 25,000 and less, when I considered one against the Volvo my local dealer actually told me not to buy it and if I wanted a diesel then stay away from Subaru :eek:

Great deals on Volvo V70 or S60 T5's at the minute >20% discount :thumb: (looking for SWMBO)

You seem to like your Volvos :)

that's a big discount ... but Volvo's are expensive.

For not a lot of money you can get the Prodrive upgrade pack and take it up to 300 bhp,

Do you have any links for more information on the Prodrive kit?
The usual Google search didn't find anything useful.
Thanks.

You seem to like your Volvos :)

that's a big discount ... but Volvo's are expensive.

Volvos reliable and good build quality very flexible very quick but average dealer network but some stunning deals & offers.

I drove the 3.0 Spec B Sports Tourer yesterday ..

The brakes were awful. Even normal braking resulted in vibration. Towards the end of the drive, it was shaking so much, it would have failed the MOT. Terrible. Car had 11k miles.

When I remarked innocently that 11k miles seemed not a lot of mileage to get the brakes in to such poor condition, and speculated that it could be because the demonstrator had been driven hard, salesman said nothing. I think he wished he could just disappear. The vibration was so bad, it was embarrassing, almost like some nasty Eastern European tin box from before the collapse of the Berlin wall. Deeply unimpressed.

The auto box was terrible. Hunted for gears. Changed down when you didn't want it too, and when you did want it change down, it asked "are you sure?" Slightly better in S# mode, but not a lot.

When I used the paddle shifts to change down to get ready to overtake, it would far too quickly change up again .. not real manual control. Very frustrating.

Very smooth engine, a bit quiet. But felt gutless with the auto. Didn't feel responsive at all. Everytime I asked it to perform, it said, wait a bit while I do up my laces. When it did pick up, it always felt that all that power was seeping out somewhere.

I prefer the manual diesel to Spec B auto.

Thanks for the link. Is it also relevant for the Legacy? As I thought it was non-turbo so not as easy to tune as the turbo Impreza.

Sorry no I thought we were talking Imprezas. Prodrive kit upgrade for Legacy is only available at time of order on new models I think and cant be retro fitted, will check the info but you quite right legacy spec B 3 litre is a flat 6 boxer engine non turbo

I drove the 3.0 Spec B Sports Tourer yesterday ..

The brakes were awful. Even normal braking resulted in vibration. Towards the end of the drive, it was shaking so much, it would have failed the MOT. Terrible. Car had 11k miles.

When I remarked innocently that 11k miles seemed not a lot of mileage to get the brakes in to such poor condition, and speculated that it could be because the demonstrator had been driven hard, salesman said nothing. I think he wished he could just disappear. The vibration was so bad, it was embarrassing, almost like some nasty Eastern European tin box from before the collapse of the Berlin wall. Deeply unimpressed.

The auto box was terrible. Hunted for gears. Changed down when you didn't want it too, and when you did want it change down, it asked "are you sure?" Slightly better in S# mode, but not a lot.

When I used the paddle shifts to change down to get ready to overtake, it would far too quickly change up again .. not real manual control. Very frustrating.

Very smooth engine, a bit quiet. But felt gutless with the auto. Didn't feel responsive at all. Everytime I asked it to perform, it said, wait a bit while I do up my laces. When it did pick up, it always felt that all that power was seeping out somewhere.

I prefer the manual diesel to Spec B auto.

I must confess I am quite surprised at your reaction. Were you using their Si-drive thingy since this can markedly effect how the car behaves.

I must confess I am quite surprised at your reaction. Were you using their Si-drive thingy since this can markedly effect how the car behaves.

Yes, was playing at SI-drive .. I found it gimmicky, and poorly set up.

Thanks. Honda Accord estate is a good looking car.

Yes, was playing at SI-drive .. I found it gimmicky, and poorly set up.

That's a pity. Sounds as if the demonstrator you drove was needing a bit of care and attention. May have been a "pool/courtesy car " thrashed unmercifully by all and sundry.:eek: Brake discs obviously warped. Still maybe a good reflection of the car's potential poor longevity!!:(

That's a pity. Sounds as if the demonstrator you drove was needing a bit of care and attention. May have been a "pool/courtesy car " thrashed unmercifully by all and sundry.:eek: Brake discs obviously warped. Still maybe a good reflection of the car's potential poor longevity!!:(

The brakes on the Legacy Spec B are known weakness according to the folks on uklegacy.com.

The most disappointing part of the car was the auto .. utter rubbish compared to MB.

I've had 4 legacies and only one had that famed Scooby reliability. The others were shocking, and very expensive to run too.

The brakes on the Legacy Spec B are known weakness according to the folks on uklegacy.com.

The most disappointing part of the car was the auto .. utter rubbish compared to MB.

Brakes on my Spec B were Brembo 4 pots front and Brembo 2 pots rear you could stop it an a sixpence, have they de specced the car and took the Brembo brakes off?

I agree Auto is utterly c*ap in the legacy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom