Subterfuge - or me being an old fart?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Add me to the BOF club then. I won't pay a company to market for them, Which is what this is, by having to buy the clothes rather than have them gifted. A discount on a large markup, on something you likely wouldn't have bought, is not saving money.

Mind you I also avoid brands which prominently display large logos on their clothing. Just a silly principle of mine
Couldn’t agree more!

And it’s far from being a silly principle. I thought I was the only one who can’t see the point of displaying huge logos, reminds me of the Emperor's new clothes.

Bah humbug!

What if your niece went out and bought a £50k Mercedes when a £20k Skoda would do?

When we're hosting a particular set of friends for lunch or dinner, I put up notices which declare "This is a mobile device free zone" as they enter our house. Most duly switch off their phones. However, one friend is addicted to his iPad and iPhone, so I always confiscate them on his arrival. We do have a friend who I did allow to keep her phone on her and switched on, but at the time she was responsible for notifying potential recipients and surgical teams of organ donations and getting the whole process moving.
Do you do it as a running joke, or with serious intent?

Do you do it as a running joke, or with serious intent?
A bit of both. It is rather insulting to the other guests when someone insists on playing with their iPad/iPhone/etc. when at a social gathering.

Does anyone know if there is a device which would stop mobiles working in your house? If so I am in the market for one.
Yes. I think they are called Hammers, they come in all different weights and materiel's. But all do pretty much the same amount of damage if used correctly :thumb:

Mind you I also avoid brands which prominently display large logos on their clothing. Just a silly principle of mine.

I agree entirely; I don't need other people's names on my clothes to tell me who I am.

You probably guessed from my forum ID that I'm an OAP oil well driller who eats a lot of beans too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom