Successful corrosion warranty claim.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BillyD.

Car
SL500 (R230)
Hi folks,
I have read a few varying reports about corrosion warranty claims and thought I would post the details of my claim.
My SLK is just six years old and has been faultless in the year that I have owned it.
I had taken the car into my local Mercedes garage on Wednesday for an MOT, no problems there. At the same time I had three small area's checked by one of the service people, both rear wheel arches and just below the boot handle. The area's affected were all very small, but best to catch these things early I think.
Received a phonecall today to say that my claim was approved and that the work could be started on Thursday.:bannana:

Dont be surprised if the vehicle is returned to yourself with any of the trims/fixtures/fittings/door seals etc. fitted incorrectly when they were stripped for the respray and door locks not working!!! Silver is hard to match too unless the bodyshop is "very" good.

Got my Sprinter back last week from a warranty rust respray job done by a MB Passenger car bodyshop and its still with them now to rectify all the above...

Good luck because you will need it mate as it is all unnecessary hassle!!! Also, be warned that new MB policy is now to do smart resprays where possible to avoid the cost of full panel resprays. Instead of replacing the doors on the notorious W210s that had rust under the rubber seals or giving them a full respray MB now only respray/treat the rust around the door frame area under the seals and do not even respray the entire door!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom