Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Six

Votes: 44 46.3%
  • Eight

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Twelve(or more!)

Votes: 2 2.1%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

esox

There often seems to be posts in here about engine choices,i am wondering what the statistics are,do the poll,lets see.

esox said:
There often seems to be posts in here about engine choices,i am wondering what the statistics are,do the poll,lets see.
From the thread title I thought Pammy had been up to her old tricks. :devil:

Hides in the corner and waits

lotusmark2 said:

Didn't have to wait long did you - and you'll need a better corner than that to hide in!!!! but you'll have to explain what you mean first tho - before I know whether I need to punish you or not;) :devil:

4 and blown.

lotusmark2 said:
Was it not the name of that manoeuvre we were trying from that book :devil: ;)
No - I am not going to bite Mark - the reply I had in mind would see me booted off;) :devil:

This sounds fun! Can I join in pleeeeeze?
Answer = 6 and unblown (don't know what I'm missing, I know) ;)

Six in line complete with blower at 1.3 Bar.

6 and a turbinator :D :D

lotusmark2 said:

That's what I thought too !! <hides in different corner so she doesn't catch both of us> :devil:

PS Esox, why no 3 cyl option for the Smart owners to vote ?

PJH said:

Because their engines don't last long enough for them to vote! :(

PJH said:
Because Smarts are not a proper Merc :eek: ,
I knew this would be a risky thread title AND the 4 cyl bods are falling behind :(

Come on then . . . who is the very lucky person with a V12 ? :D Own up . . . and take me for a spin please :D :D

S.

sym said:
Come on then . . . who is the very lucky person with a V12 ? :D Own up . . . and take me for a spin please :D :D

S.

Once took an S600 for a test drive,God damm it was quick and oh so quiet!The garage told me it was once owned by the owner of Sainburys and it had every option fitted including a switch for moving the front passenger seat forward from the rear seats for more leg room :cool:

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........

DSCN0941.jpg

sorry - couldn't resist . . . I'll be off to bed to dream about that now :D

S.

Ian B Walker said:
6 in one, 4 in the other (greedy sod aint I?) :D
So Ian,speaking as someone who has both 4 & 6 cyls,just how much of a difference is there?Is your 6 cyl a straight-6?

The difference between the two is quite extreme where as if I floor the 4 cyl it goes well and for someone who has not driven a Mercedes it is quite a nice experience. The kickdown is a God :D . Now the 6 Cyl (inline 6), hold onto your hat. Goes like stink, very smooth, quiet and soooooooo reliable. Starts first turn of the key irrespective of the current weather climes. The engine has 205K on the clock, head never been off (maybe I should worry here). The kickdown is explosive scared the hell out of me first time I used it. When you consider the weight these engines have to pull they are both quite amazing. My preference? Inline 6. Old design I know but at least I know what I am doing with them and they are Home Repair friendly. If I had to levey critisism it would be that the 6 only does about 27 to the gallon where as the 4 does about 33 - 35 to the gallon. I am of the opinion that the W124's were probably the last Mercedes built for the motorist, like me, who has a short pocket and doesnt mind the odd tinker under the bonet. Yes I am biased both color wise and style but what you see is what you get :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom