Sudden aversion to the taste of eggs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stwat

MB Enthusiast
Car
1989 W126 300 SE
Why have I suddenly become averse to the taste of eggs? All I can now taste is a strong taste of sulphur. It's horrible and so strong. I used to love eggs, boiled fried egg mayonnaise etc etc. But all of a sudden all I taste is the bitter taste of sulphur. A horrible bitter taste. But why?

They may be beyond their usage date and no longer taste eggcellent.

It's your body telling you to stop eating them!

It will thank you by lowering your cholestrol. Latest recopmmendation is for no more than 3 eggs a week....

They might have gone off Stu, or have you tried different eggs?

Those Big and Fresh taste lovely, but we get our eggs from the Fishman who delivers fresh each week along with fresh off the boat fish.

They might have gone off Stu, or have you tried different eggs?

Those Big and Fresh taste lovely, but we get our eggs from the Fishman who delivers fresh each week along with fresh off the boat fish.

Most of us would call those Caviar.........a bugger to boil one and crack the lid off though :D

anigif_enhanced-buzz-2783-1380204341-20.gif

Go and see a Kinesioligist. Might be very useful as the root cause is often not what you think or are expecting.

There is a known phenomena called Taste Aversion, though it may not be the case here because you say you enjoyed eating eggs beforehand.

As Tim203 proposed, you should check if this is not a symptom of a different issue.

Egg yolks contain the Amino acids Methionine and Cystine and the vitamin Thiamine. These all contain suphur. When broken down they release Hydrogen Sulphide which is what you are tasting. Something has changed in your body chemistry to cause this. Could be something has changed in the bacterial population in your mouth or further down your gut. Worth getting checked out by your dentist and or doctor.

Any new medication?

I lost all sense of taste once when on something new and, thankfully, short-lived.

I find that if I indulge too much and too often in any kind of food, I get to the point where I just need an extended break from it.

sometimes, I never go back.

You should never eat more than one egg if you live anywhere near France because there one eggs "un oeuf".

Id be eggstremely concerned , it's definitely nothing to yolk about.

I often have a similar problem with my car.

Have to take it to BP now and again because it gets fed up with too much Shell :)

(slinks off to get coat .....)

You should keep any other new dislikes in an albumen..

In all seriousness you should visit your Dr.
Sudden taste changes and adversion to foods you normally enjoy is occasionally linked to both benign and malignant tumors. Eggs and fish (high protien foods) being the most common.

There are several other disorders that can cause taste changes, but it's best to rule everything out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom