Suggested Captain Seats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BennyM

Car
Mercedes Vito
New member here ... apologies if question already asked.

Have bought a 2007 Vito (compact) and am getting it converted into day van next month.

Looking to get some captain seats on a swivel base in the front. Got someone to fix these into place but any views on the best (Used) seats to get ... seen lots of examples on ebay from various vehicles but not sure if these will work or not so good to hear from anyone who has done this sort of thing.

The Comfort seats from the Vito has one arm rest whilst the ones from the Viano have two I believe…the Vito/Vianno seats (and most parts for that matter) are interchangeable. There has been a couple of threads on seat changes/upgrades; try Search-Advanced-Threads started- type in Zenman63. There may have been others but I am quite sure he upgraded his or did a set for someone.

Welcome to the forum, by the way, especially another Compact owner:thumb:

Cheers fella ... will look at those suggested threads

You are welcome. I did a normal search on "vito seats" and that brought up several useful threads.

If you are wanting swivel bases then you will need deep pockets for the genuine Mercedes ones are over £500 for each seat. I'm not sure what the aftermarket ones are like tbh

Wrecked my Galaxy S4 but got a S6!! Result. MBClub UK

The Viano front seats only have one arm rest in the centre as the outer edge has an air bag. The rear single seats all have two arm rests. There was an option for the Viano that allowed the front seats to swivel but only as an aid to getting in and out. I have never seen an option to have swivel seats. The only ones that can face either way are the rear and you have to physically lift them.

I had factory swivel seats in my old 115 vito, if you look in the back behind the front seats on each B post there is a small square cut out in the trim, thats to allow each seat to turn all the way around and is in all Vitos and in my Viano.
Its not a factory option in the Viano because of the SRS air bag in each front seat.

If you are considering seats other than MB ones have you thought about ones from a Chevy or Ford Dayvan? People break these and a friend bought a full leather interior mint including 4 electric captains seats and an electric bench seat for £300. Just a thought.

Is that so? Didn't see it as an option when we got our Vito new. Came with two seats in the front which we eventually swapped for a bench seat as we needed the extra length in the back as it was a SWB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom