Suggestions for a head unit upgrade for my R129

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IMD

Car
1997 SL500
Hi all,

I have a 1996 SL500, with rear seats, so no rear speakers. It does have a Becker amp under the rear seats.

It currently has a Blaupunkt Pasadena DJ unit...which I assume came with the car. This also has the CD changer in the boot. Unfortunately the pixels on the head unit are broken and I can't read them..so not much use for searching radio stations! It works perfectly otherwise.

I've considered the possibility of getting it repaired (but have no idea if it's possible or who would do it) and also getting a replacement.

I want an iPod connection.....don't need sat nav, screen and all that stuff! If it means getting rid of the CD, thats not a problem, as all my music is on my laptop / iPod now anyway.

Does anyone have any thoughts / models?

Thanks

Ian

I have just fitted one of these to my R129, it has an external mic for the blootooth, and two ipod connections (the idea being you can keep a permanent one in the car and one for your phone/MP3 when you get in the car).

I thought the speakers in my car were blown but the internal amp on the system has sorted out the sound. It goes nicely with the R129's functional interior - can change the lighting to amber/orange to match the dash display when the headlights are on too. Nice bit of kit.

Pioneer DEH-8400BT - RoadRadio

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom