Suggestions for Midlands GTG date

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jaymanek

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
Lots of Mercedes!
Hi Guys,

So im happy to have another GTG at my place if people are interested...

ive even tarmac'd most of the yard now...

I need some help with the dates.. last year i sort of picked a randome date in summer and it happened to collide with silverstone, goodwood etc etc.

So does anyone know what sunday there definately isnt anything major motoring planned in June/July?

Hi Jay,

great to hear this.... i didnt manage to make the last ones.

remember the official mbclub meet is in june

thanks

Derek

August could be ok for me but remember school holidays etc....remember to post this on the other place too....

August will be a difficult month because pretty much everyone in the country is away or busy for at least two if not three of the weekends that month.

How about early September? Something to look forward to after the excitement of holidays, and to numb the pain of darker evenings?

A may GTG would be good.

Usually some nice weather in May and it's before the National GTG.

the national mercedes club SL day is sometime in August (cant remember actual date right now) but i think its early on 2nd, 4th or 10th maybe.....

may does sound good.

hey

im up for that

acid

Sporting Calendar here (there are other ones).
The 2000 guineas is on Saturday May 1st
F.A. Cup final on the Saturday 15th.

I'm assuming it will be on a Sunday again?

If not the 3rd and the 31st of May are both Bank Holiday Mondays.

Do you think Bank Holidays will be more or less popular? A lot may go away for the weekend?

Jay's is a great place for a GTG.

It would be great if some of the Irish, Scottish & Welsh members would come to this venue. :thumb:

Last year, the food and company were spot on and Corned (Burger King) IS a dab-hand on the barbecue.

Maybe if the date is a bank holiday, some of the far-flung guy's could have a mini-break close to this Midlands venue. :thumb:

So just to resurrect this...

We have the national GTG in april and olly's in May.. Then its holiday season soon after so shall we go for first weekend in September? Or is this too close to school re opening?

I'd prefer it earlier than that, but i'm going to try to come whenever you have it. Reason for 'earlier' is i'm going to try & organise a 'Cambridge' & a 'Sherwood' (although this might require a diff venue to last time) later in the year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom