Suggestions on alloy wheel colours

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bio10155

Car
E350 E Coupe
Hi everyone,

I need your input on what type of colour tones I should paint my alloy wheels... what would go well with a palladium silver car?

I have a 2012 CLS 350 CDI AMG sport, and it came with the 5-spoke 19" alloys. These are part diamond-cut on the face of the spokes and around the hub. Problem is that these wheels are in horrible condition...it's starting to milk on the face of the spokes and some corrosion elsewhere. I'm actually quite surprised how bad they have become within the two years of manufacture. But then it doesn't surprise me - the dealership most likely used harsh acidic cleaners...as my brake calipers seem to be quite the same as well.

Question is...I would like to have more durable wheels and do without diamond cut. The car is financed, so I cannot modify the wheels to extreme, but I wish for them to be presentable. I don't want the standard silver finish, but maybe on the face - some sort of dark chrome (highlighting the spokes), and within - a darker offset silver? But then again I'm not sure what combinations work. Therefore, I need your help in suggestions. Some pictures /links of pictures will be very helpful.

I would appreciate the forum's input.

Cheers,

Tim.

Gun Metal / Anthracite is the big thing just now against silver and most other colours. Make sure you go for a high gloss finish ! otherwise they can just look like dirty wheels.

Gun Metal / Anthracite is the big thing just now against silver and most other colours. Make sure you go for a high gloss finish ! otherwise they can just look like dirty wheels.

Hi, thanks for the suggestion. I had a look at the combination colour - it does look good. I agree with the high-glass finish :thumb:

Black Chrome or Smoked Chrome both appeal to me. :)

Some examples of finishes HERE though this is not a recommendation as I've never used these people.

Different size wheel and colour car but gives you an idea...these are anthracite...

Attachments

• image-4128112414.jpg
    image-4128112414.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 45
  • image-4108898392.jpg
    image-4108898392.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 50
My wheels have been done in black chrome by TWS, very similar to the OEM diamond cut:

Haha thanks simzy, that was just a quick Instagram pic ;)

Hey AL3X - thanks for posting! I really like your black chrome colour - in fact it's probably what I'm after :)

My wheels have been done in black chrome by TWS, very similar to the OEM diamond cut:

WOW!

That looks amazing.

Love those wheels.:thumb:

Thanks chaps, can't recommend the company who did it enough, extremely helpful and believe me I was fussy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom