Suggestions please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Roadie

Hi all, I recently took my friend for a drive in my 320 CLK and he fell in love with it and he's now decided to sell his car and enter the world of Mercedes. Unfortunately the CLK is not an option as he has 3 kids so he needs a wee bit more space than mine. His budget is up to 10k and i've suggested the C class but to be honest I don't know much about many other models other than mine so I said to him i'd see what you all thought. Petrol or diesel and car tax cost isn't a worry as he gets his free.

A C-Class has more space than yours? In a real, valuable way?

5 seats instead of the CLK 4 might help.

Is there any specific C class to recommend for a good all rounder? I think he'd want a reasonable sized engine with at least some pulling power but performance isn't a high priority.

The rear legroom in C-Class Mercs, BMW 3-series, Audi A4 etc etc is appalling. Unless your mate is under 5'8" (so he can haul his seat well forward) and his kids are all under 10 y/o (and unlikely to grow any older) I wouldn't recommend it at all.

hmmm, not good, his kids are under 10 but he is well over 6' so what other Mercs would do the job?

The rear legroom in C-Class Mercs, BMW 3-series, Audi A4 etc etc is appalling. Unless your mate is under 5'8" (so he can haul his seat well forward) and his kids are all under 10 y/o (and unlikely to grow any older) I wouldn't recommend it at all.
202 rear leg room is OK, I'm 6ft and adults are fine in the back. With the front seat in my normal position there's 9in between front seat back and the rear squab and ample clearance for the knees if I sit in the back.

S320L? :)

Those S-Max things are pretty funky in Titanium X spec too!

A petrol W211 would be a tremendous buy IMHO for. I am 6ft tall and there is heaps of room in the back, as I tried sitting in it and could get myself properly comfortable, there is more boot space than I know what to do with too.

Thank you all, I will give him a call and let him know.

getting a W211 E320 for 10k... can be done but i dont know what type of examples you will get for that money... if your talking C-class's though... u can get a mint one for that money.

A long wheel base s-class would provide all the space you need, but even though you can probably pick one up for under 10K, they are not cars to be run on a budget to be honest.

A B-class has a surprising amount of space, more than an e-class in the back. However, while they are nice cars, they are obviously no e- or s-class.

£10k will buy you a nice W203.

MB of Ayr have a 2004 E320 Elegance Auto with 48k miles for <£10k. Obsidian Black with Alpaca Grey Nappa Leather, only goodies are CD changer but it looks like a v. good buy. I'd go for that over a 203, nicer cabin trim, presumably more comfort and still nice to drive.

£10k, mmmmm

3 Kids, mmmmm

Presumable a wife, mmmmm

Ive got a plan

£2k on a divorce and the rest on a clk convertible

my O.U marridge guidance course was a disaster

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom