Summer CLK love

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looks great. I really fancy one of these but a bit impractical at the mo.

They are staggeringly good value these days. But not that practical, I agree. This one only comes out a couple of times a month. It’s a keeper. Still only got 55k on the clock. I really should use it more!

No question the C209 is a future classic. Get one now while they're cheap.

Got the old girl out today and gave her a polish. Is there a better looking modern (ish) Mercedes?

Nope.
One of Mercedes best in recent years.
Imho of course.

Got the old girl out today and gave her a polish. Is there a better looking modern (ish) Mercedes?

Think the CLK rear end wins. Although I may be biased ;)

Both look good :)

The CLK’s a lovely car, my son runs a coupe and I was tempted to buy a convertible but opted for the SL instead.
Only set back is I can only take one of my three grand daughters at a time. Those extra two small seats would have been nice.

The CLK’s a lovely car, my son runs a coupe and I was tempted to buy a convertible but opted for the SL instead.
Only set back is I can only take one of my three grand daughters at a time. Those extra two small seats would have been nice.
Not nice for the passengers in the rear seats though! I think the SL is the convertible to have but the CLK coupe is the best in the MB line up.

In sport trim, it is a classically 'pretty' car IMHO.
Mine was great

My e class is better to drive, even if it isn't as pretty

Black though :cool::confused: ?
Cleaning it :wallbash:

In sport trim, it is a classically 'pretty' car IMHO.
Mine was great

My e class is better to drive, even if it isn't as pretty

Black though :cool::confused: ?
Cleaning it :wallbash:

I’d hope the newer e class is better to drive! The CLK is very much a cruiser and I think the later E was a lot more driver focused. I can’t get on with the looks of the E though. Not quite right proportions-wise. I think that is where they got the CLK so right.

As for black....yes......looks superb when clean but highly impractical. Luckily it’s a Sunday car so not too much of an issue for me! Actual colour is chromite black with is a deep midnight blue black. Slightly more forgiving than obsidian. Chromite is a lovely colour but you don’t see it very often.

The previous generation E class coupe was built on the C class platform, while current generation is on E class platform - former just looked wrong, latter is gorgeous

I have been thinking of selling my SL and buying a CLK63 but the prices have increased rather a lot in the last 2-3 years.

The previous generation E class coupe was built on the C class platform, while current generation is on E class platform - former just looked wrong, latter is gorgeous
Opinions, opinions, totally, absolutely, disagree!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom