Summer holidays

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Cavalino via Belgium, Germany and Austria in three weeks time for 10 camping days. It'll be our third Summer there and it really tick all our boxes. Nice weather (not too hot), wide sandy beaches, kids and dog friendly camp, cheap cocktails and nice food. On a way back couple of days in Annecy for breathing some fresh air and back home via nice smooth French roads.

Other half had major surgery this year so just venturing over the border into North Wales - Llandudno, nice small hotel for a quiet week.

Other half had major surgery this year so just venturing over the border into North Wales - Llandudno, nice small hotel for a quiet week.

Sounds just the ticket. Good memories going there. :thumb:

Ok...in the past year, US coast to coast, Rome, Denia (Spain) now Donegal. Melbourne next March to visit daughter ( and probably get asked that question all fathers dread by her bf).

How quaint, I thought the question nowadays was 'how much can you afford for the wedding'?

Very soon we are going on our family holiday of a lifetime

Departing from Heathrow flying into Vancouver for three days.

Then leaving Vancouver and flying down to Brisbane, where my father in law is enjoying his retirement with his Aussie girlfriend who is 20 years younger.

Staying there for a week before flying up to cairns and enjoying another week on the beach, the Barrier reef and a helicopter ride over it.

flying off again down to Sydney for the final week, booked the harbour bridge walk, for some crazy reason.

Finally leaving Sydney back to Vancouver to refuel and on to Toronto for 3 nights to see Niagra, before finally heading back to Heathrow a month after leaving it.

My son has worked out we will spend approx 60 hours in the air, never mind all the airport queuing etc.

As I say it's a holiday of a lifetime that we have saved a long time for, so hope it's all it's hyped up to.

We have wanted to go to Oz for years so decided to go whilst the father in law is still out there.

Last edited:
I'm planning on doing a kenyan/African safari and beach holiday.

Went to Hong Kong at Easter - next destination - spinal surgery at Salford's finest next month ... still, looking on the bright side I get 6 weeks holidays each year and am picking up my new baby - 2013 E250cdi Sports BlueEfficiency AMG kit this Saturday ... :)

Just come back form a few days in Madeira. Someone should have told me Funchal is one of the most dangerous airports in the world to land at when it's windy. It felt like landing on an aircraft carrier. The pilot got a round of applause and deserved it.

190 said:
Just come back form a few days in Madeira. Someone should have told me Funchal is one of the most dangerous airports in the world to land at when it's windy. It felt like landing on an aircraft carrier. The pilot got a round of applause and deserved it.
Go onto YouTube and type in Skiathos landings.

I'm planning on doing a kenyan/African safari and beach holiday.
Just watch for Zika virus out there Mat. There are reports of it coming out there.

Funchal, phooey! Weather permitting, I'm going to be flying the C42 to La Rochelle on Tuesday for a barbie and booze up.
The likelihood of high thermal currents will probably make the final approach pretty sporting if we don't get away by daybreak.

tron said:
Funchal, phooey! Weather permitting, I'm going to be flying the C42 to La Rochelle on Tuesday for a barbie and booze up. The likelihood of high thermal currents will probably make the final approach pretty sporting if we don't get away by daybreak.
My mum lives there. We went last summer for the 1st time and I was extremely underwhelmed by the town.

In Crete at moment enjoying the sun sea and a few beers . What more can you ask for

Cruising round the Med and Greece, don't care how hot it'll be sick of this ****ing rain

Flew into Skiathos last year and went to one of the local islands. Had a great time holidaying with another family but my mate forgot to book hire cars in advance and the only one left when we got there was a Suzuki Jimny.......

This year going back down to Lacanau which is near Bordeaux. Stayed in the same lovely villa in 2015. You can cycle everywhere, several beaches close by, Atlantic waves, Bordeaux 30 mins away when you need a hit of city.

No Jimny this time. Will just have to slum it in the E500 with cooled seats.

And the Style IV's I've just bought from Woodythewise. My birthday present to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom