Summer holidays

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Off to Hong Kong and Vietnam on Saturday.
Shopping in Hong Kong (well the wife is) then onto Vietnam to chill and do some photography.

In the Loire Valley this year because some French friends

offered us a house sit for free. I've been between jobs for a few months so it was a no brainer.

Brought bikes for overcast days, beach gear for the sunny ones.

The beaches are 45 mins away but I don't mind as the roads are fabulous and I've driven the E Class down here.

Start date for my new job has just been confirmed by email on the beach.

Happy days.

Having spent the last 40 odd years on a constant stream of visits to airports, hotels and race circuits, I'm rather enjoying staying at home.
Haven't been on a plane (or Chunneled!) for 2 years now. Do I miss it?....err no! Some years I spent 3 weeks of my year above 35,000 feet.:confused:
Off on a day trip to Lincs on Monday in to display the XJ220 at a Props and Pistons do...then Norfolk for a few days the following weekend.
Home and Britain seem just fine to me at the moment. Happy days!

Having spent the last 40 odd years on a constant stream of visits to airports, hotels and race circuits, I'm rather enjoying staying at home.
Haven't been on a plane (or Chunneled!) for 2 years now. Do I miss it?....err no! Some years I spent 3 weeks of my year above 35,000 feet.:confused:
Off on a day trip to Lincs on Monday in to display the XJ220 at a Props and Pistons do...then Norfolk for a few days the following weekend.
Home and Britain seem just fine to me at the moment. Happy days!

Love Norfolk. I've spent a lot of time there over the years.

I really like the Loire and Norfolk! I spent a long summer as a school exchange kid in Saumur back in 66. I was aware of Ford GT40's winning that Le Mans 24hr thing just up the road whilst I was there, but the best I could do was look at model car kits in the toy shop window in town. Little could I have dreamt that one day I'd be back leading British cars to victory in that race.
In my 16 Le Mans race visits my wife has spent much more time than me visiting the Loire Chateau's with other motorsport widows, whilst we worked at the circuito_O

Norfolk is a place we aim to move back to very shortly. The house is on the market, my wife retires in a few months and I left a son, family and friends there.
I really like the place, the space and the big skies.
Permanent holiday in Norfolk? I can live with that:D

Normally, we holiday long-haul, with USA being a favourite

However this year we are going to spend a couple of weeks more to the north of France. Struck me that I have been to France a lot (used to have a house on the Charante), but always skipped Northern France on the way to Mid and South France! So, two Airbnb places - one in Lacon, Nord pas de Calais and one in Montévrain, Île-de-France and one hotel near Calais on the way home to explore some of the museums. Depart a week on Saturday and can't wait!

We're off to Barbados next Friday, can't wait, i need a rest

Normally, we holiday long-haul, with USA being a favourite

However this year we are going to spend a couple of weeks more to the north of France. Struck me that I have been to France a lot (used to have a house on the Charante), but always skipped Northern France on the way to Mid and South France! So, two Airbnb places - one in Lacon, Nord pas de Calais and one in Montévrain, Île-de-France and one hotel near Calais on the way home to explore some of the museums. Depart a week on Saturday and can't wait!
Why do you use the word “holiday” as a verb?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom