Summer holidays

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Darrell

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Back in Mill Hill but sometimes in Skiathos
Car
Gixxer 6, Citroen Berlingo, 911 C4S, Dacia Duster and lots of bicycles.
I love a summer holiday so I'd love to hear where everyone is off to this summer. And your reasons for going to that particular place. I'll start.

I'm going to Skiathos tomorrow, on my own!! for a quick week and then for 5 weeks with my wife and daughter during the school holidays.

Nothing planed here. Hopefully go for days out like we did last summer.

Have you two been arguing Darrell? (Going away for a week alone)

Happytalk73 said:
Nothing planed here. Hopefully go for days out like we did last summer. Have you two been arguing Darrell? (Going away for a week alone)
No arguments but my wife is getting her stitches taken out tomorrow morning as a result of her Carpal Tunnel ops 2 weeks ago. I have some boring Greek red tape to sort out because I've bought an imitation Vespa that I want to export out there. Plus it's a good excuse to get out and have a few beers in peace.

Donegal, cos' we always go to Donegal.

We go up for a week or two and throw out a general invitation to family and friends and wait to see who turns up.

When the weather is good it's unbeatable.

When the weather's bad you can't beat the wild Atlantic.

Last edited:
May -2 weeks in Malta - just chilling out.

3 days in Droitwich next weekend for Chateau Impney Hillclimb.

Sept, a week in Scottsdale AZ, mountains, a huge meteor impact site to the Nth.... The size of 70,000 Olympic swimming pools!

And then it's time to plan winter getaways!

Ps if you go to Malta in early Oct, (a) it's still hot....(b) the Malta Grand Prix :devil:

Lots of classic cars racing on the streets around Mdina, and often hillclimbs near St Pauls Bay :) :)

At the moment - Haimildeame.

Later in the year , once finances recover , possibly New York as it is the wifes 50th and our silver wedding in the same month.

Kenny

I love a summer holiday so I'd love to hear where everyone is off to this summer. And your reasons for going to that particular place. I'll start.

I'm going to Skiathos tomorrow, on my own!! for a quick week and then for 5 weeks with my wife and daughter during the school holidays.

You should be disgusted with yourself. Doing such a thing is an utter disgrace and one of the reasons society is falling apart.

I mean how hard is it to get the right section ;)

Flyinspanner said:
May -2 weeks in Malta - just chilling out. 3 days in Droitwich next weekend for Chateau Impney Hillclimb. Sept, a week in Scottsdale AZ, mountains, a huge meteor impact site to the Nth.... The size of 70,000 Olympic swimming pools! And then it's time to plan winter getaways! Ps if you go to Malta in early Oct, (a) it's still hot....(b) the Malta Grand Prix :devil: Lots of classic cars racing on the streets around Mdina, and often hillclimbs near St Pauls Bay :) :)
I've read in a couple of classic car magazines that Malta has a bit of a scene. Mdina is a place I've fancied cos apparently it's funky and cold. dde0f

Last edited:
darrell said:
i've read in a couple of classic car magazines that malta has a bit of a scene. Mdina is a place i've fancied cos apparently it's funky and cold. Dde0f

:) :) :)

At the end of the garden path.

Snooze, you lose!!

At the end of 'Our Garden' Ted. For gods sake get it right. (Sorry Darrell)

At the moment - Haimildeame.

Later in the year , once finances recover , possibly New York as it is the wifes 50th and our silver wedding in the same month.

Kenny

We went to New York for our joint 40th this year. It was great but a bit pricey.

Make sure you find Rudy's Bar... it's the only place in NYC you can get a beer for 3dollars with the added bonus of a free hotdog with every drink (optional). You can get 4 pint pitchers for 8 dollars!!! We got hammered.

Rudy's Bar & Grill - NYC Dive Bar

We've got 2 weeks and in Spain coming up with the kids.....need a good break from the chaos that is having an extension built.

Been using Ourgate for the last few years,
Trying Toronto in August.
(Visiting relatives)
Looking at car rental rates. Nearly fell off the chair when I saw the charge for a C Class....

Ok...in the past year, US coast to coast, Rome, Denia (Spain) now Donegal. Melbourne next March to visit daughter ( and probably get asked that question all fathers dread by her bf).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom