Summer is a time for Grilling?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
i like these aslong as the new star on the grille takes up all the slats. i dont like the ones that are small and leave full slat above and below it.

agree totally as this pic proves... ( in my HUMBLE view) :eek:

2vkeuys.jpg

too in your face!

Last edited:

2vkeuys.jpg

too in your face!
It needs to look slightly wider, either by removing the chrome bits at the sides or by reducing the height by painting the top and bottom with body colour. If executed well it might look good! Also the horizontal pieces should be gloss black with a chrome strip :) .

In other words, don't bother with that style please! :)

CLK suits the sports Star grille unlike the W203, so i say go for it.

I have... shame I couldn't buy the two items easliy in the UK. Used a Canadian based Merc parts dealer via ebay. 5 working days for shipping which isn't bad considering.

FlatBadge £19.99, Grille, £69, shipping £25.

July 4th is car collection day... like a kid counting off the days ( but without an Advent calendar choccy each day to keep me going :) )

Does this sound like a decent deal, local Sheff indy car dealer?

CLK W208 Conv 200K '03: 39k miles, 2 owners, spotless, Leather heated seats, elec seats, parking thingy, £12,750 with 6mth warranty, 12mnth MOT.

I am amazed at the huge variation in 2nd hand car values when you start looking for a specific model/spec.

2vkeuys.jpg

too in your face!

I don't like that grill i have to say - here's mine:

clkfr.jpg

that very close to what I have ordered, thnks... see inset pic at start of this thread.

Mine didn't come with any instructions, in case yours doesn't a couple of tips:

be careful when putting the star in the grill, you have to rotate the back on to it and the plastic lugs can snap meaning you have to use super glue :eek:

if you get a little pack of rubber bits they are to stop the grill rattling on the top bar :)o )

When bolting on the bonnet star be careful not to butterfinger and let the nut drop into the engine bay, meaning you have to go to the auto shop to get another bolt cos you don't have one indoors.. :eek: :eek:

Thanks... I am gonna throw both at the dealer who is selling me the car, they have a workshop... but will print off your tips

Cheers Mate !

CLK Day: T-14days and counting............

Ok I realise my poor W202 is not even in the same league as your beautiful motor but I put a star grille on mine and much prefer the lower stance it gives the vehicle. I went against everyone's advice and got one and i'm over the moon with it along with the flat bonnet badge.

At the end of the day my friend the only one you have to satisy is yourself, if you want one.....go for it.

Shortly to collect my w208 CLK and have been reading with interest the debate over trad grilles vs star grilles

I have ordered via e-bay the star grill ( see inset) and a flat badge.

I believe it lifts the front of the car from staid to sporty in one easy and economical swoop.

Ok, Merc aficianados will know what's what, but thats only 0.0000001% of my fellow road users :D

Am sure there will be some with the opposite opinion.:)

2guh6ba.jpg

Update: Grille aand flatbadge arrived well packaged are 100% condition from Canadian dealer via Taiwan supplier.

Is'nt the world ( thnks to the net) a small place.

Will post a pic when I get the car on July 4th , all grilled up and looking for somewhere to go !!!!! :)

Did you decide not to get the W204 flat ornament from the stealership? It is about half this price!

no I didn't Shude... thanks for the tip.. got too carried away to think about that.

Do they do Metal/ enamel badges for W208 as OEM parts or is it all plastic nowadays?

All badges are plastic, I asked in a dealerships Parts dept.

Work in Prog...

Grill in place... they whacked it in this afternoon. I reckon I need the chrome rings for the front head lamps now

25fh6v4.jpg

I have to agree... the chrome rings will offset the effect somewhat... with hindsight I'd have gone for the back insets too..

Still its better ( IMO) than the bank manager look of the original

All badges are plastic, I asked in a dealerships Parts dept.

Work in Prog...

Grill in place... they whacked it in this afternoon. I reckon I need the chrome rings for the front head lamps now

25fh6v4.jpg
Me thinks one man's grill is another man's barbecue, but if you like it then power to your pork pie. :devil: ;)

regards
Barbie John

don't worry the Diixe airhorns will finish the effect

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom