Summer is over.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This thread caused me to just update and check my solar records.

June 2011: 219 Kw stored heat energy.
July 2011: 129 Kw stored heat energy
Aug 2011: 205 Kw stored heat energy.

So for Aug we have collected 20% more energy SO FAR than last year and August has been better than July.

Doesn't look like Summer is over at all, in fact it looks more like an Indian Summer is taking place.

Oops, sorry Guys...Must remember to not let facts get in the way of a good moan...:doh:

Last edited:

So for Aug we have collected 20% more energy SO FAR than last year and August has been better tan July.

Doesn't look like Summer is over at all, in fact it looks more like an Indian Summer is taking place.

Oops, sorry Guys...Must remember to not let facts get in the way of a good moan...:doh:

Unfortunately, that's only in one part of the UK.

Russ

Heating went on last night as it was so chilly... some plants around here have started turning yellow/orange!

I reckon it'll soon be time to fit winter tyres again... groan...

M.

Looks like most of the UK has had a good year sunshine wise. Even the North is slightly above average.http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/climate/uk/anomalygraphs/

Absolute rubbish! Or are you talking about North London?

Quotes from weather forecastors in the real north of the UK...............

"Scots experienced a washout this spring, with Met Office figures showing Scotland had 2,300 per cent more rain than the parched fields of East Anglia.

Atlantic weather systems dropped 397.4mm of rain north of the Border, while East Anglia had only 17.4mm during the traditional spring timescale, from 1 March to 25 May.

Met Office forecaster Helen Chivers said: "These are really quite dramatic differences. High pressure has been sitting across the south of the UK, keeping the south-east particularly dry.

"In contrast, Atlantic weather systems have just been rolling into Scotland for weeks.""

And don't think it got any better.........................

"In parts of the country, more rain fell in 36 hours than is normal for the whole of August."

We may only be a few hundred miles apart but we could be on different continents weather wise.

Russ

Absolute rubbish! Or are you talking about North London?

Quotes from weather forecastors in the real north of the UK...............

"Scots experienced a washout this spring, with Met Office figures showing Scotland had 2,300 per cent more rain than the parched fields of East Anglia.

Atlantic weather systems dropped 397.4mm of rain north of the Border, while East Anglia had only 17.4mm during the traditional spring timescale, from 1 March to 25 May.

Met Office forecaster Helen Chivers said: "These are really quite dramatic differences. High pressure has been sitting across the south of the UK, keeping the south-east particularly dry.

"In contrast, Atlantic weather systems have just been rolling into Scotland for weeks.""

And don't think it got any better.........................

"In parts of the country, more rain fell in 36 hours than is normal for the whole of August."

We may only be a few hundred miles apart but we could be on different continents weather wise.

Russ

The graphs disagree with that.

Scotland temperatures, 0.5 C lower then normal for July, most months above normal.

Rainfall, 20% higher than normal in July. Admittedly much higher in May.

Sunshine, 20% higher than normal in July and better in some months.

Bizarrely it's the South of England that has low sunshine and temperature rates.

Last edited:
Been an excellent year for sun in Crystal Palace.

I've been working in shorts and t-shirt most days - have flip flop tan lines on my feet from pacing about on the phone outside :D

Garden has needed watering a lot (until recently) due to lack of rain.

It really is grim up north ;)

And pictures of them stuck in a snowdrift.

Mine was great in the snow

166343_10150332753225551_891950550_16210798_7649143_n.jpg

Our lawn is looking very sorry for itself - grass around these parts are yellow/brown except those with gardeners or green-fingers and time on their hands. Not really been blistering hot - except for the two or so weeks we weren't here - but so, so dry.

Mine wasn't had to walk to work for 2 days in December could not get them out the drive!
WINTER001.jpg

Our lawn is looking very sorry for itself - grass around these parts are yellow/brown except those with gardeners or green-fingers and time on their hands. Not really been blistering hot - except for the two or so weeks we weren't here - but so, so dry.

You'll have to get yourself in the habit of pouring yourself a nice long drink in the evenings, then walking around the garden with the hose - I find it very therapeutic wetting everything down during a hot summer.......

Dieselman said:
Looks like I'll never learn...

Moan on...

My perception of the weather (and I suspect that I'm not dissimilar to most people in this respect) is largely influenced by the conditions that I experience at weekends. It may well be great weather all week while I'm at work, but if it rains at the weekend then I'll remember the weather as being bad that week. Perverse, perhaps, but that's us humans.

You'll have to get yourself in the habit of pouring yourself a nice long drink in the evenings, then walking around the garden with the hose - I find it very therapeutic wetting everything down during a hot summer.......

...And quite an expensive habit when you're water-metered (as we are)...!!:D

It is just bucketing down here, all morning so far since about 5.30, just like all last week and all bar yesterday. What with scaffolding up the noise is maddening and it is like winter dusk inside. Absolutely fed up!

:eek::eek::eek::ban:

Head North Charles. Beautiful day here today. Crackin the flags. 28 degs C with the sun directly on the thermoeter.

Just about to head outside with a brew and The Daily Moan.

I can't believe people are moaning about Summer being over in August. The weather is great.

Yeah, down your way.

Up here, the weather is ****. But its like that all the time....

I work a back shift so now I drive at night after finishing as opposed to day light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom