Summer is over.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
...And quite an expensive habit when you're water-metered (as we are)...!!:D

Do you know how much a cubic meter of water costs and just how much that is?

If you really are bothered about the small cost of using treated water on your garden, get a water butt.

Yeah, down your way.

Up here, the weather is ****. But its like that all the time....

I work a back shift so now I drive at night after finishing as opposed to day light.

Well, if you chose to live with Eskimos in the Arctic...

Well, if you chose to live with Eskimos in the Arctic...

There isn't much difference to England and the Artic.

Polar pear loots and pillage the place in the Artic.

Hooded yobs loot and pillage the place in England.

Do you know how much a cubic meter of water costs and just how much that is?

If you really are bothered about the small cost of using treated water on your garden, get a water butt.

What I do know is that pouring metered-water on my garden and lawn last summer literally doubled my water bill! Highly justifiable to save the plants - but still costly...

So we have been very pleased to see the occasional downpours to top up the water butts. We have three, but they don't go far in a dry spell...lawn has been and still is parched...

To those who whinge about the onset of autumn, all I can say is congratulations - if that is all you have to complain about then you are a very lucky person:crazy:

Head North Charles. Beautiful day here today. Crackin the flags. 28 degs C with the sun directly on the thermoeter.

So, not really 28 deg C after all? :confused:

Russ

Our lawn is looking very sorry for itself - grass around these parts are yellow/brown except those with gardeners or green-fingers and time on their hands. Not really been blistering hot - except for the two or so weeks we weren't here - but so, so dry.

I spoke to soon - very, very heavy rain throughout the night. We just got August's quota!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom