Summer opening feature

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk320-

Car
CLK320 2003
Can anyone shed some light on the summer opening feature and remote window closing feature on the w209 clk. it's an 03, and has the black square on the drivers door but nothing happens when I hold the lock/unlock. Does anyone know what the problem may be? The car came with 2 keys one of the keys is dead is it the case only 1 key has the ir although I doubt
It.

Thanks

I think that this has been covered before, try the search function maybe?

Can anyone shed some light on the summer opening feature and remote window closing feature on the w209 clk. it's an 03, and has the black square on the drivers door but nothing happens when I hold the lock/unlock. Does anyone know what the problem may be? The car came with 2 keys one of the keys is dead is it the case only 1 key has the ir although I doubt
It.

Thanks
Yes. Same thing as mine; the IR receiver in your door is probably dead and needs replacing.

Do you have any idea of the cost of that? Or whether it could be the keys battery low or something?

Can this not be checked within the steering menu? Or perhaps a previous owner programmed it different

I had to with a 2002 BMW, they did it at the dealership but I'm sure on MB's it can be done with the menu. Or perhaps it's the same required with STAR

I think that this has been covered before, try the search function maybe?

It is very poor design.

Basically you need to place the fob on the door handle so that it physically touches the sensor, then shield both with your hand so that no light can reach the sensor. Then hold down the fob button and it will work.

I raised with the dealer as a warranty claim when the car was just 2 years, old but after various tests they said 'they all do this Sir'.....

My 203 worked intermittently, my 219 very intermittently and then never on a sunny day just when one needed it most..

The Lexus does it using RF, so shouldn't suffer the same problems... hopefully...

My 203 worked intermittently, my 219 very intermittently and then never on a sunny day just when one needed it most..

The Lexus does it using RF, so shouldn't suffer the same problems... hopefully...

My old Omega did it over RF and it worked flawlessly for the 7 years I owned it.

My old Omega did it over RF and it worked flawlessly for the 7 years I owned it.

Agreed. Worked perfectly on our Omega.

But, that shouldn't be a surprise: Omegas rock :thumb:

Agreed. Worked perfectly on our Omega.

But, that shouldn't be a surprise: Omegas rock :thumb:

Had two, over a combined period of 10 years, loved the car and would have bought a third one had they not stopped making them....

Thanks everyone may have a try with that YouTube repair at some point although pretty hesistant to dismantle car worried will damage something

Basically you need to place the fob on the door handle so that it physically touches the sensor, then shield both with your hand so that no light can reach the sensor. Then hold down the fob button and it will work.
I suppose the logic is that you don't want all the windows opening if you do something like sit on the key, so it only works when you're physically close enough to touch the car.

I was slightly annoyed to not have it working on mine, but this time of year it's not a feature I'll be using. - I doubt I'll ever get around to repairing it to be honest.

Mine works if I am very still and it is touching the window in the handle.

The fix in the video looks easy enough...I'll try it and report back.

Update...I can't get at the lock on my car without removing the door card...a non starter.

Thanks everyone may have a try with that YouTube repair at some point although pretty hesistant to dismantle car worried will damage something ������

If you aren’t confident with that type of work, then any mechanic or TV repair man would do that job in less than an hour, if the have had the benefit of seeing that utube video.

Dec

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom