Summer Opening

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'll mend it when you come up here. What do dealers charge 500 bucks Was it? I'll do it for 499 if you like :D

+ VAT ;)

That’s the video I used to sort out both IR receivers.

But I prefer to use the Keyless Go summer opening feature :D

Fixed my own C class summer opening last year, but nowhere near as neatly as you did! LOL

Summer opening feature no longer works (windows)

Interesting to note that in the last 6 weeks, have now looked at 9 different used MBs (C,& E class), and not one did this feature still work on it - abject fail on MB for making such an attractive feature, then manufacturing it so badly!

Last edited:
Mine works fine in cold weather....when I don't need it, but rarely works when the weather is hot. Probably a dry joint in the connection as explained in the video . I must get around to re soldering it this summer as I think it's a useful feature.

Did you use the cable tie method to refit the IR sensor to the lock barrel ? Or did you come up with another way of securing it.

With me, the cable tie didn't work as it was just too bulky to allow reassembly. I just ended up taping it together, because to be honest, it isn't going anywhere when re - installed!

Never tried this and guess what.....mine works!l!

But only if you touch the key to the door sensor, I fitted new batteries in the fob first.

So if it works then why do I have to touch sensor to sensor, doesn’t make sense?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did you use the cable tie method to refit the IR sensor to the lock barrel ? Or did you come up with another way of securing it.
I refitted the sensors on both just prior to the resign going off therefore it gave a slight amount adhesion to the barrel. It's so great having the feature working again. :)

I refitted the sensors on both just prior to the resign going off therefore it gave a slight amount adhesion to the barrel. It's so great having the feature working again. :)

Yep, a cable tie is just overkill and hard to describe how smug you'll feel repairing this function yourself!

Yep, a cable tie is just overkill and hard to describe how smug you'll feel repairing this function yourself!
I did actually mean resin!! ;)
Yes it's a lovely thing to have when you're walking back to the car and 10 metres out all the windows drop simultaneously ;)

Never tried this and guess what.....mine works!l!

But only if you touch the key to the door sensor, I fitted new batteries in the fob first.

So if it works then why do I have to touch sensor to sensor, doesn’t make sense?

Not sure is the answer to that one. I ensured that both IR sensors were spotless (as KillerHERTZ had mentioned) and the fob batteries are new. It works from 10 metres now. (measured it ;))

Mine worked if I touched the sensor with the fob,then stopped working completely. I put this down to the dry solder joints creating some resistance in the IR receiver. Stands to reason if you think about it, re-solder the dry joints and it all works again, anything that is light sensing must be very sensitive to electrical resistance changes.

Not sure is the answer to that one. I ensured that both IR sensors were spotless (as KillerHERTZ had mentioned) and the fob batteries are new. It works from 10 metres now. (measured it ;))

Just cleaned both sensors with acrylic cleaner and now doesn’t work at all [emoji15][emoji3]

Just cleaned both sensors with acrylic cleaner and now doesn’t work at all [emoji15][emoji3]

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it :devil:

Did you do the full soldering repair?

No, it was working if I touched sensor to sensor but not from further away so I cleaned the sensors and now won’t work at all [emoji3]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom