Summer Opening

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No, it was working if I touched sensor to sensor but not from further away so I cleaned the sensors and now won’t work at all [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I am afraid you will need to go down the repair route now.

Maybe he has damaged the ‘lens’ with his cleaner... possibly stopping any IR transmission through it :oops::eek:

Maybe he has damaged the ‘lens’ with his cleaner... possibly stopping any IR transmission through it :oops::eek:

Hi Abs, you right, I’ll clean it again with something else, obviously I don’t need to re-solder it when all I did was clean the sensor [emoji3]

Hi Abs, you right, I’ll clean it again with something else, obviously I don’t need to re-solder it when all I did was clean the sensor [emoji3]

Good luck Daryl, hopefully you get it fixed...

P.S hope you’re well ;) haven’t spoken in a while :)

Have you taken out the sensor to see whether its just intermittent - like mine was?
It seems strange that just cleaning it has broken it, doesn't seem logical if you've not disturbed the sensor circuit itself.

Have you taken out the sensor to see whether its just intermittent - like mine was?
It seems strange that just cleaning it has broken it, doesn't seem logical if you've not disturbed the sensor circuit itself.

Probably is just intermittent, but I hadn’t opened/closed the door or caused any vibration in between it working and not working, so a bit strange really.

Probably is just intermittent, but I hadn’t opened/closed the door or caused any vibration in between it working and not working, so a bit strange really.

Given the simplicity of the repair job, it might be prudent to just whip the unit out and repair it, its such a simple job.
Then you can have it working from 15 paces! ;)

I go with... the cleaning job finally messed up the solder joints.

It’s just a matter of when they will fail.

Mine wasn't even intermittent sometimes. It just didn't work. A quick touch with the soldering iron has restored it to rude health. Thank you Major!

Are the sensors on the door and the IR sensor at the end of the key in good condition? without any scratches, cracks or chips?

Hi there. I’ve just bought a 2003 E500 w211. Real beauty in mint condition. Only issue is door fobs and sensors. Changed batteries in key fob. Works sometimes up close. Sometimes not at all. Different distances on doors. Sun has come out and a day in the sun and it all works fine. Could it be the door sensors ?

I liked the way if one held the Recirc button on the climate control the windows would all close, then hold the button again and they would open again to their previous open positions. Worked on the sunroof as well...

You are writing in "past tense" - are you aware that it still works (certainly in our cars)?

I believe that the original intent was close everything up when driving through tunnels.

Hi there. I’ve just bought a 2003 E500 w211. Real beauty in mint condition. Only issue is door fobs and sensors. Changed batteries in key fob. Works sometimes up close. Sometimes not at all. Different distances on doors. Sun has come out and a day in the sun and it all works fine. Could it be the door sensors ?
Seems key fobs batteries are now a service item (mine was supposedly replaced at the last service).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom