Summer Solstice-perfect for my 1st Jolly

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

st4

Banned
Car
C220cdi tourer
Hi Folks

As many of you know I subscribe to the "cars should be driven" school of thought...

So I did exactly that.

Set off From Helensburgh

Up Loch Lomand (a82) and onto the rest and bethankful pass where I stopped off for some pics

DSC00578.jpg

DSC00575.jpg

DSC00586.jpg

I then charged onto Inverarry, lovely drive down, no traffic, this world cup stuff babysits the masses.

DSC00594.jpg

DSC00593.jpg

Being sat here made things very nice

DSC00606.jpg

I then went over the back of Inverarry and headed for Loch Awe

DSC00605.jpg

DSC00610.jpg

DSC00611.jpg

DSC00615.jpg

DSC00617.jpg

From Dalmally its a run down the A85 to Tyndrum. I daren't confess what I was travelling at, but the V6 makes for swift comfortable progress. TBH this car is more than powerful enough, even with a lottery win I'd struggle to justify the AMG varient apart from sound but even this car sounds good. She pulls strongly, grips well, keeps a good poise and balance through the bends and does everything so well.

From Tyndrum it was a run down the A85

DSC00618.jpg

I also stopped at Loch Lubnaig

DSC00624.jpg

DSC00625.jpg

DSC00627.jpg

DSC00628.jpg

DSC00629.jpg

The final leg was over from Kilmahog to the Dukes pass and past Loch Venachar. On the Dukes pass the sports buttons on the wheel were really good and a mix of gears 3 and 4 were all that was needed. The car handled really well and the torque made finding drive out of the bends really good.

DSC00630.jpg

DSC00631.jpg

DSC00632.jpg

Then back home and snapped this of Ben Lomond

DSC00633.jpg

ENJOY

Regards

A very happy E320cdi Sport owner.

Lovely scenery but who keeps dumping that old shed of a car?

:D :D :D

Love it Steve, good on yer for driving..

Hey Steve, been there, done a lot of that, great part of the world. Love the torque. On a recent drive to Newcastle I kept being caught through a series of roundabouts by a GTI, but out of the last bend I left him standing until the next one. I was 3 up and heavy at the time. Love it.

Not much different to South London on a Sunday afternoon really - lol! Lovely pictures and thanks for sharing them.

Hey Steve, been there, done a lot of that, great part of the world. Love the torque. On a recent drive to Newcastle I kept being caught through a series of roundabouts by a GTI, but out of the last bend I left him standing until the next one. I was 3 up and heavy at the time. Love it.

The torque is addictive and makess the driving so effortless when you need it to be, and fun when you want it. The E320cdi is turning out a real pleasure. :thumb:

If only I had that sublime countryside on my doorstep.

Great way to spend the Summer Solstice. I was busy doing justice to a six course meal with ten different wines, the youngest from 1990.

Given how I feel this morning, a long drive might have been better....

A grand day out.

Nice to see a classic in the background.

The Vital Spark!

I always find Scotland even more special at this time of year.
The sun sets much later and rises much earlier than at 'our' more southern latitudes, giving much more time to enjoy the scenery and hospitality.

Lovely photos.

how are you finding the New e compared to the old one?

how are you finding the New e compared to the old one?

Incredible...

The power is the biggie, much more torque, makes it more refined and effortless for "mooching about" and for press on driving a lot more rewarding. Its a genuine "thrilling" car to drive and gives a buzz over the twisties.

The sports seats are a lot better, more supportive. The wheel buttons very good for press on driving as both hands ALWAYS on wheel. Even though its an automatic, I do like to take control of what its doing.

The look, IMHO looks lots nicer the sport, the wheels set it off as do the tinted windows. I am a young fella so it may not be to all tastes.

The only downer I have is the steering and its variable assistance, when going at speed or round a tight corner it weightens up, whereas the old car had a constant level of power assitance so the steering always felt the same. I am sure I will get used to it. The wheel itself is smaller and nicer to use.

All in all, IMHO it was worth the money, for me, this car. Its put a massive grin on my face (but not that I was unhappy with the last car).

You should really consider one as a future car. :thumb:

Without the parameter steering Steve the wheel could not have been smaller since it would have been too heavy at parking speeds.
You will get used to it very quickly, and then you will find an A Class heavy!

Enjoy the car, looks very well. Health to enjoy (as they say here).

Without the parameter steering Steve the wheel could not have been smaller since it would have been too heavy at parking speeds.
You will get used to it very quickly, and then you will find an A Class heavy!

Enjoy the car, looks very well. Health to enjoy (as they say here).

I suppose so, its finger light at parking which is nice, but really weightens up at high speed, it feels I guess more precise which is good:thumb:

Again excellent photos Steve, to my eyes at least the car could almost be an E500 :) Next time, here's a challenge for you, walk more than 100m from your car ;) . The scenery get exponentially better the further and higher you walk :)

Glad the car lives up to (or exceeds) your expectations. It's a nice feeling when you've spent a lot of time thinking about a purchase and it actually delivers the benefits you'd hoped for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom