Summer Trip To Poland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paul3408

Hi all

I’m going on my summer trip to see the in-laws in Poland
Driving a w204 220cdi auto boot full to bursting point going thorough France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, And Poland Will do about 3000 miles will post MPH on return.

Anyone been to Europe lately if so what was the diesel price

Just came back from Poland... the cheapest dieselw as in... well, Poland! The 3-4 fuel stations are the border (on the Polish side) had more than 50 cars queuing (most of them german). IIRC, diesel was around 4.79 zloty a liter... (just under a pound)

As always, fuel on motorwars is more expensive, with France and Germany costing just a little less than the UK, but not significantly so.

Please do let u know how you get on, your route, where you stopped, travel time, cost etc as I am very interested.

Diesel is certainly cheaper than UK and is cheaper than unleaded there too.

Driving in the continent is wonderful. Enjoy.

IIRC Austria is cheaper on fuel than the other Euro zone countries I visited by about 10-15%

Hi all
As you know I’m driving around 3000 miles trip next month, I have 70 days before the car need a service, so do I service before I go and lose 20days or service when I get back

Always said I'd do the summer trip to Russia by car one day, but as yet, still fly. But, when the ridiculous import duty drops (probably in 3 to 4 years time) I might take a car from here and leave it there, to replace my Nissan. That should make a nice trip!!

Was in Holland a couple of weeks ago and the diesel was around the same price as here, maybe a few pence less..

Here in Cologne a litre of diesel will set you back about €1.44 (£1.25). Super Diesel costs another €0.10/litre and petrol is more expensive. Aral Ultimate 102 (I think that's the name for it) costs €1.67 :eek:

Have a nice trip to Poland. As others have said, enjoy the beer!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom