Summer Tyres ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

124fan

Car
1997 C250TD auto / 2013 VW Golf 2.0 tdi DSG
A little out of season but hey, I'm all sorted for the winter and I'll need new tyres for the summer.

I've always been a great Michelin fan, but replaced the Goodyear NCT's on the E320 with the same again last time, as I did like the feel and handling of the car. I'm not a racer by any means so slicks are not needed :D reasonable road holding in all conditions and good wear are what I'm after.

Tyre size is 225/55 x 16 and I was hoping folks would share what they've chosen and like ... and of course, a mention of the one's to avoid would help.

Should have said, I'm liking the sound of the Falken 912's

TIA

Cheers

:)

Last edited:
Are you sure you need summer tyres? In the UK the weather never gets hot enough for summer tyres. You really should go for ice-tyres with studs instead.

As you can see from this graph, showing the minimum temperature in Bradford over the months of several decades, you can see that you will never need summer tyres.
354g2.gif

As long as you don't drive at certain hours of the day, then the temperature will be cold, and you don't need summer tyres.

Oh, and why would anyone need summer tyres? They are no better to winter tyres, all season tyres, studded-ice tyres, etc.

M. (with a slight twinge of sarcasm :p)

KUMHO Ecsta SPT KU31

Seconded-I've run several sets of KU31s and they've been great. I get mine from event tyres who fit them at your house.

Last time it snowed, I drove to work in my Saab 9-5 Aero Auto (250BHP) running on (I think All Season) Continental Sport Contact 3s.

It had no problems at all and never lost grip apart from when I was too keen.

In fact, I had to turn the traction off to have any kind of fun at all.

I think this Merc might be different though... :eek:

Are you sure you need summer tyres? In the UK the weather never gets hot enough for summer tyres. You really should go for ice-tyres with studs instead.

As you can see from this graph, showing the minimum temperature in Bradford over the months of several decades, you can see that you will never need summer tyres.
354g2.gif

As long as you don't drive at certain hours of the day, then the temperature will be cold, and you don't need summer tyres.

Oh, and why would anyone need summer tyres? They are no better to winter tyres, all season tyres, studded-ice tyres, etc.

M. (with a slight twinge of sarcasm :p)

I'm with this guy :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom