Sun’s out [for summer]...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Eddy77

SUPPORTER
Car
2008 CLK 350 Sport Cab and 2021 BMW 520i M Sport Saloon
...well Spring really.

Realised I hadn’t had the CLK out of the garage since January so got it out yesterday, dropped the roof, and released some well needed CO2 into the Hampshire airspace. Glorious. V6 on song. Virtually no cars around due to Covid. Just me, my right foot and 3.5 litres of Stuttgart’s finest. For - what is now - a cheap old Mercedes it still has the power to make my spine tingle. Full beans; redline; slightly ‘flexible’ view to NSL taken. A lovely blast. Now she’s back in the garage. Most likely for another month or two.

Soft toppers...get out there and enjoy!

I had my rx7 (ok its not a soft top) out yesterday and the roads were the same here, drove up the main street and everywhere was shut except mcdonalds, burger king and kfc. I probably only seen 50 people in total, but lots of cop cars! It was great being out in it, the power, the sound it makes i had forgotten how lively it was in comparison to my merc, i had also forgotten how much fuel it uses too, may go for another blast today :cool:

Virtually no cars around due to Covid
Not round here, it's like a bank holiday weekend! Lots of people wandering about in the sunshine. Traffic queuing at junctions..
I suppose one is "social distancing" when in one's car but where are they all going/coming from?
Almost like it's their "last hoorah" ...

The sun may be out but that north wind is icy. Brrrrr....
Certainly is but we're lucky in that our seating area is well sheltered. We spent the best part of the day sat in the sunshine. Had lunch and a nice chilled white. Only came in when somebody fired-up a chainsaw and started a bonfire...

Certainly is but we're lucky in that our seating area is well sheltered. We spent the best part of the day sat in the sunshine. Had lunch and a nice chilled white. Only came in when somebody fired-up a chainsaw and started a bonfire...

That usually happens around here, lovely Sunday afternoon and one neighbour fires up the Flymo at 4PM for about an hour.

Lucky I have a really loud HiFi.

That usually happens around here, lovely Sunday afternoon and one neighbour fires up the Flymo at 4PM for about an hour.

I had to read that twice. I thought you had typed “really loud WI-FI”!! :D

Wish I could do the same, but SLK is tucked up in her garage, battery conditioner connected, for emergency use in case of more problems with the S204 main car. Guess we won't know for a while whether Halford's battery change under warranty is going to cure the problem, but also there's no way SWMBO would allow top down motoring ATM despite wind deflector, heated seats and airscarf, she's paranoid about self isolating and staying home (thankfully no covid symptoms, other respirotory problem since before Xmas instead).

I took my car for a run today - loads of morons out on sports fields and parks - all in close proximity!

I wanted to go for a drive but it's still too busy out there...

London is as ignorant as the papers are making out at the moment.

Its a farce. Bojo needs to get this lockdown into full effect.

Pretty quiet round here now. We’re in lockdown pretty much. I will still go out in the car on my own but I’m not going near anyone on the country roads round where I live. Strange times but driving your car with the roof down is still something we cabriolet owners can enjoy until we are told to not even leave the house.

Which will probably be tomorrow!

At the first sign of a settled dry spell of weather out came that very powerful pressure washer. The annual chore of washing the patios was upon me again.
Took it resonably easy, did one patio on one day and the other the next. Must say, they are looking good, but for how long?
Oh, also took the Passat gt for a blast.

My daily drive is a folding hardtop vert, it’s surprising how many decent days there are throughout the winter to drive around topless. Admittedly it’s with windows and windbreak up, but very few opportunities missed, after all that’s why I bought it.

The JZR 3 wheeler has no weather gear at all, just a small-ish windscreen, so it’s motorcycle jacket, balaclava and helmet in winter.

Apropos nothing, my former b-i-l used to say the sun was 'in' when it was shining, ie 'in' the sky, and 'out' when it wasn’t visible.

My wife and I went to do the weekly shop, top down, in the MX5 this weekend. Good to feel the sun on my scalp, even if it messed up my wife's hair a little.

Do you know how many loo rolls you can get in the tiny boot of the little Mazda:dk:

None!
I guess all the big SUV owners must have done capacity checks on their cars before we arrived:rolleyes:

I may have mentioned this on here before. A few doors away from us is a retired gentleman who could do his gardening pretty much any day of the week (weather permitting) but insists on doing it (noisily) on a Sunday afternoon. Petrol lawnmower , strimmer, shredder ,the whole nine yards. Old habits die hard I guess.

but insists on doing it (noisily) on a Sunday afternoon. Petrol lawnmower , strimmer, shredder ,the whole nine yards. Old habits die hard I guess.

I've a neighbour over the back that waits till 9pm on a Sunday evening (in summer months) to get the mower out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom