Sun Roof - Help!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRIVER200

Car
C43 AMG Estate
I know it must just be me but is there any way you can open the sun roof without opening the sun blind as sometimes it would be nice to have an open roof but a closed sun blind. Thanks in advance and don't be too hard on me!!:thumb:

DRIVER200 said:
I know it must just be me but is there any way you can open the sun roof without opening the sun blind as sometimes it would be nice to have an open roof but a closed sun blind. Thanks in advance and don't be too hard on me!!:thumb:

Nope

Not in the E W212 either - that's how they are, though I've often thought the same as you.

Definitely not.

It's the "sunroof" that does the crucial job of keeping the rain and crip out of the car. If you could leave the "sunroof" open, rain and rubbish would end up inside of the sun blind, and you'd need to clean it out and it could compromise the mechanism.

It's the "sunroof" that does the crucial job of keeping the rain and crip out of the car. If you could leave the "sunroof" open, rain and rubbish would end up inside of the sun blind, and you'd need to clean it out and it could compromise the mechanism.

Not sure I agree as my last two cars (Audi Q5/SQ5) both had this function.

My dad had a Cavalier on an X plate that had this function.

My sister's Golf estate does this too ; it's a bit like the fly screens in caravans .

She has the full length panoramic sunroof - open it electrically , then pull the screen forward by hand - no problem .

Also works nicely if you tilt the roof for ventilation then pull the screen back for shade .

When I said X plate I did mean 1980's X plate.

I'm sure we had cars of that era with them too ; as well as an X prefix Golf ( 2001 or thereabouts ) which did the same , and the current model Golf too . ;)

The Leyland Princess I once owned had a similar thing - a rusty hole appeared on one side of the roof, but the headlining was still intact. So it was a bit like Leyland's take on a sunroof with a screen over the top. Plus when it rained you got a free foot spa in the passenger's footwell thrown in for good measure. And it even had an auto-opening boot (if you hit a speedbump too fast). It was years ahead of it's time :p

Joking aside, you could often pull the sunscreen back into place on the older sliding glass sunroofs, whatever the car make. So they must have changed it for some reason.

Fair point....

Lesser cars from VAG and BL may well do this....but not a ...Mercedes....

I wouldn't describe VW as lesser cars ...

I wouldn't describe VW as lesser cars ...

I would describe Leyland as lesser cars... Than pretty much anything :)

Well, except the V8 SD1 (esp Vitesse) - they were amazing cars, even though their build quality made the W210 look like a Rolls Royce in comparison. Oh, and they did a nice facelift on the Triumph 2500, but took away it's build quality and reputation as payment.

I would describe Leyland as lesser cars... Than pretty much anything :)

No argument there , having had the misfortune to own an All Aggro in the mid 70's , only for six months mind .

Well, except the V8 SD1 (esp Vitesse) - they were amazing cars, even though their build quality made the W210 look like a Rolls Royce in comparison. Oh, and they did a nice facelift on the Triumph 2500, but took away it's build quality and reputation as payment.

Jaguar Rover Triumph were the better marques , and they did make some decent cars , although poorly screwed together as time went on .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom