Sun Roof

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

carlh2269

Car
c220cdi
The sun roof hasent been open in a few years, according to the previous owner, and I'm concerned in opening it electrically.
I dont want to damage the glass or split any of the seals.
Can anyone recommend another way of possibly opening it manually or recommend any other way of opening it?

I assume that you've checked the fuse or relay already.

There should be a funny shaped metal winding tool in your users handbook & its profile is hexagonal in shape. You need to carefully remove the centre doom inside light behind the interior mirror (you may chose to leave it hanging on the wires).

Look into the space & you'll see the electric motor that operates the sunroof & in it you'll see a hexagonal shaped hole, put your winding tool into the hole & turn carefully. The sunroof should open.

Should my description not be clear let me know & I'll take some photos of mine for you.

If you choose to completely remove the interior light the wires & small plugs leading to it are shaped so as they only fit in the socket they are intended for.

if because of your low post count you can't message me, e mail me directly at [email protected]
Dave

Thanks Dave your advise worked a treat.
Good job I didnt open the roof electrically as I would have split the front seal.
Winding it manually I could release the stuck seal bit by bit.
Many many thanks

Thanks Dave your advise worked a treat.
Good job I didnt open the roof electrically as I would have split the front seal.
Winding it manually I could release the stuck seal bit by bit.
Many many thanks

MB sell a special grease to use on sunroof rubbers but it is really expensive to buy, look on e bay for a small tube, you need something like this product.

TASC SP1 Sunroof Soft top Lubrication Grease Webasto Britax Golde Inalfa NEW | eBay
TASC SP2 Sunroof Soft top Lubrication oil Webasto Britax Golde Inalfa BRAND NEW | eBay

as found by Milleplod

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/bodywork/211743-sunroof-maintenance.html

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom