Sunroof Cassette and Tube refit. Advise needed.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Karl W

Car
W124 Estate (Export Spec)
Hi,

I've got the interior stripped out on my W124 Estate, I've removed a bent tube and cable from the car and the cassette seems in good condition.

I know the sunroof cassette unit will need to be removed to fit the new tube, and I'll remove the sunroof panel in case any paint get damaged.

I've been scratching my head on how to fit the new tube which hold the cable without bending it.

I've got a couple of people who'll help. I was thinking whilst lowing the cassette and moving it toward the windscreen insert the cable into the rear of the cassette. Then to enable the tube to go in the little hole near the back seat belt in the rear quarter, that the cassettes right front corner be tilted down to enable the bottom of the cable to be passed into the rear quarter and connected back to the motor.

If anyone as replaced the cable I'd be grateful of some tips, I don't want to bugger up the tube. I've sussed out that there's a couple of screws with metric thread to help line up the cassette when refitting it's the tube thats causing me bother.
:wallbash:

Some Pictures

Hear are some pictures.
IMAG0001.jpg
IMAG0002.jpg
IMAG0003.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom