Sunroof dropping

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pluggers

MB Enthusiast
Car
C250 AMG Line Premium Plus. W205
My sunroof is starting to annoy me now,every time I close the thing it just wont sit flush with the roof line and i have to quickly press the switch up or down to try and line it up. Has anyone got any ideas on how to adjust it to sit flush first time around.Cheers.

It could just be binding against the rubber seal. Try giving the seal a good clean with trim cleaner and an old toothbrush or similar, then a wipe with silicone lubricant. Worked on my W126.

No its not binding ,very easy to move in fact,im wondering if there is an actuator switch in the mechanism thats moved,because when you shut the roof from the tilt position it goes past the roof line and sinks in about 5mm,same thing when its fully open and you have to slide it forward, it will shut properly but only go up so far onto the recess and still sit 5mm below the roof line.

I know this post it over 5 years old..

I'm having this problem.. is there a fix for it? I've done a complete search.

Thanks

Lee

I never did get around to fixing this problem as I had been told it was a roof lining out job to adjust the sunroof.So in the end IIRC I used to slide the roof back a bit then forward to close it if I had it on tilted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom