Sunroof/panoramic sunroof maintenance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Margaret

Car
E220d premium estate
Hi I have just purchased an E220 with panoramic roof. I happened to be having a crack in a windscreen on a different car repaired by an autoglass technician when a discussion on sunroof maintenance started up. He recommended using Vaseline on the rubber seal to prevent brittleness caused by heat etc. said it would prevent leaks in the long term. I googled this and some sources say not to use petroleum jelly on seals on sunroofs as it degrades the rubber. I had a regular sunroof on my old CLK and never did anything to maintain it. I don't think it was ever examined by a mechanic during servicing I was certainly never invoiced for lubricants etc. Is there anything different I should do with the panoramic roof as preventative maintenance ??? Many thanks

Thanks for the link to the product. How often should this be applied ? If the seal became defective on the pan roof is there a gully system to collect the water that would enter the car ? I wonder is there any warranty with a pan roof ?? Also should I mention it to my insurance company ??

Thanks for the link to the product. How often should this be applied ? If the seal became defective on the pan roof is there a gully system to collect the water that would enter the car ? I wonder is there any warranty with a pan roof ?? Also should I mention it to my insurance company ??

Apply a couple of times a year.
I'm not familiar with the drainage provisions for this roof.
If it was a factory fitted feature (which it would have been) then you wouldn't need to inform them.

Thank you for the information provided. I hope my pan roof stands the test of time !

Deleted see below :doh:

Last edited:
This is what I was recommended and its what Jaguar use on new cars.
Its on my Viano and coupe and it works very well, fixed tight running instant.
CARBAFLO KSP 105-80 - FUCHS LUBRITECH GmbH

I haven't seen this stuff for ages and googling hasn't turned up any current suppliers. Do they still make it? Do you know where we can get some please?

Hmm no, mine is from the Jag.
I will look into that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom