Sunroof parts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Benz in Brazil

Car
1976 W116-280S / 1992 W124-300E
Hi everyone,

One of those plastic(?) leg thingies which raises and lowers the sunroof on my W124 has decided to break in half. I've heard that if you fiddle about and try to examine everything, the other one will break too so I need all the bits to completely overhaul the thing. For me, a working sunroof is essential in sunny Brazil.

Does anyone know of a good, reliable and reasonably priced parts supplier in the UK or the USA for this kind of thing?

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

One of those plastic(?) leg thingies which raises and lowers the sunroof on my W124 has decided to break in half. I've heard that if you fiddle about and try to examine everything, the other one will break too so I need all the bits to completely overhaul the thing. For me, a working sunroof is essential in sunny Brazil.

Does anyone know of a good, reliable and reasonably priced parts supplier in the UK or the USA for this kind of thing?

They're cast metal and do break quite easily, drop me a PM if you strugle to get some locally.

ive been through 3 new ones and 2 second hand on my SEC.. they were about £90 each..

it is worth going for new as they come as a complete arm with all new rubber bits and sliders.

I learnt the hard way.. since then I have found an MB how to on how to take it all apart.. if you want this let me know.

Just ensure both sides are perfectly working, without the lid screwed on first as if something isnt lined up right the other one will break in a second... its very fiddly with a million adjustments that need to be made to get it just right..

I certainly would like to know more about how it is done. I've read things about this on the net and it doesn't sound too easy! :eek:

I have sent you four pdf's that have step by step instructions... you need to add a good dose of swearing and cursing into the mix..

Once again, thanks to everyone how has contributed to my thread on this forum. It is an equal to my other favourite...www.topklasse.net.au
There I'm known as Martin280s, pleasee pop along and visit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom