Sunroof Recall

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
From my original post, two years ago.......

I am just a tad suspicious of M-B's motives as there was not one word mentioned about the condition of the sunroof - which is precisely why the car was there in the first place.

I went in and it was a waste of time. They just checked the 'code' on the sunroof, just as Sandown Guildford did a couple of years back. I reckon they mishandled the data and couldn't cross reference the VIN against the liability.

i had a letter last year went in no issue but have another letter this year ........ new recall or old incompetent one ......????

I took mine in last week for the new recall. Apparently it was a mix up of sorts but they needed to check or re check the sunroofs. Took the opportunity and to collect some parts and was sent a video of my car too.. the tyres are all okay and they got no further business out a me..

Received my third letter last week regarding this issue. I'm amazed (or am I?) that Mercedes would still be trying to entice me back to a dealership yet again. After the farago of the first visit, I'm sticking with my trusted indie.

hi was only querying as came up on my mot this year and someone mentioned in passing may affect insurance or a claim

Second letter for me , still not had it done . Main reason is I can't seem to find out exactly what and how they check it . I have heard (not fact) that it , in most cases, just a visual , but every so often they have to test by sticking sucker cups on the the sunroof glass and pulling it up at a pre determined force in an attempt to dis lodge it.

Anyone know the truth ? It did effect three quarter of a million cars so someone must know !

Thats my guess too , but I hear they do not do it every car . Bit of a risk on an old car like mine . What happens if the rig dislodges the sunroof ? I would hope that they would replace it FOC .

But can MB UK be trusted to do this ? I would like to think so if they are serious about the safety reca, but the deafening silence from them on rotted out rear subframes makes me think a little...

Thats my guess too , but I hear they do not do it every car . Bit of a risk on an old car like mine . What happens if the rig dislodges the sunroof ? I would hope that they would replace it FOC .

But can MB UK be trusted to do this ? I would like to think so if they are serious about the safety reca, but the deafening silence from them on rotted out rear subframes makes me think a little...
Hi , Mercedes and safety should be in the joke section

Hi , maybe in correct wording , when Mercedes design a new car / upgrade no doubt the engineers product a good product to be built by the company.

It's a shame that Mercedes UK don't follow Mercedes USA example on safety critical issues and stand by the product after the warranty has expired.

Just a thought

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom