Sunroof Recall

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob77

MB Enthusiast
Car
1990 W201 2.6 Sportline; 2011 S204 C350 CDI Sport; 1978 Foale/Suzuki GS750; 1994 Aprilia Pegaso 650
Does anyone know any detail on this sunroof recall that's in the news just now?

Does this affect pano roofs?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Does this affect pano roofs?
As the article references deterioration of the bonding material, I would say that it does refer to pano roofs.

From the pdf document, it looks to affect the 203, 209, 211 and 219 series cars.

This seems USA driven.....Let's see if anyone in the UK gets a letter 'on or after the 14th of February'. More likely those affected in the UK are going to have to chase up MB as is usual for most issues, and not just MB related. The VW emissions scandal comes to mind..USA..sorted , EU and UK ? still being dragged through the courts etc.

I might wait for my letter, might give me time to grow my hair back, it's been gone for years :p

Wow - this goes back to 2001. I'll be absolutely astonished if MB do that in the UK.

Wonder how many roofs they'll need to change in the US - this could be extremely expensive. Perhaps MB can recover the cost from whoever makes the roof?

I’ve just copied the link to put in here but you’ve already done it.

As the article references deterioration of the bonding material, I would say that it does refer to pano roofs.

From the pdf document, it looks to affect the 203, 209, 211 and 219 series cars.
209 and 219 didn't have pano roof even as an option, only traditional sunroof. Don't think 203 did either, but I could be wrong on that one.

Got my letter through from MB today asking me to book the S211 in for the sunroof check. Indicates 3hr job if replacement needed. I'll be seeking confirmation they won't be trying to sneakily do the V6 diesel software update at the same time!

I have also got a letter just this morning regarding my W203, its just has the standard electric glass roof, not a pano type.

Got my letter through from MB today asking me to book the S211 in for the sunroof check. Indicates 3hr job if replacement needed. I'll be seeking confirmation they won't be trying to sneakily do the V6 diesel software update at the same time!

I got a letter today too...but I sold my 211 years ago! :dk:

Received mine today. Will be pushing for the best courtesy car I can.. 🙂

Attachments

• sunroof safety recall.jpg
    sunroof safety recall.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: Ped
Hi
Had my letter today, for my CLS55, I went to Sandown Mercedes in Salisbury, asked for the scope of the sunroof work, but all they said was that it would take 3-3.5 hours and I would need to book the car in for an inspection to inspect the date stamp on the Sunroof glass/mechanism, to see if it is one of the effected cars.
It appears from the paperwork of the recall that it effects the Sunroof assemblies with a date stamp in the region of early 2006.
My car being registered 23rd December 2005 we weren't sure why it had been recalled as the build date was even earlier October 2005 I think, but possibly as it is a MY 2006 and has the option code 806.
Realizing I had the car with me they offered to inspect it there and then, and as anticipated it didn't require the recall work to be carried out, I was a little disappointed as I was going to get them to replace the seal as it has a load of green algae on it.
To say I was surprised that they were recalling a 14 and half year old car for this is an understatement.
Has anyone got any info on the Takata airbag recall? As MB stated they know nothing about it at the minute.

i received my letter today also for an o2 plate c240

Received the recall letter for my 2005 W203 320CDi estate yesterday.

Phoned local dealer (Maidstone) and have booked an initial inspection. Wanted a Saturday morning so have to wait until September but no worries. Mentioned the 2006 reference above although was advised they still need to have the car in regardless, and as it will be whilst I wait I can browse their MB-branded perfumes, frisbees and other essential accessories 🙄

Should I be concerned that I received a letter for a vehicle I sold years ago? They said DVLA show me as the last known registered keeper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom