Sunroof W124 Coupe 1995 E220

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Benzwalah

Car
W212 E220 CDI Blue Eff 2010 & W123 230E 1984
Hi , apologies in advance as I'm new and not very IT savvy and lose myself on this site everytime.

Need some advice, My sunroof goes up at the back and comes down but does not slide open. It was working before being parked up in ''LOCKDOWN''. My windows only work with the door open , i have been told that the windows and stereo are to do with the ''Comfort Relay module '' under the rear seat, I have sourced one from three pointed star and will be changing it tomorrow. Can anyone tell me whats going on please !?

Thanks

The sunroof switch may be duff or the yellow/violet wire is broken between the switch and module or module and motor. Not likely it's the module at fault as it is wired in parallel to the sunroof circuit not a part of it as such. The windows are connected into the module but the stereo isn't. Check fuse 2 as this powers the module with the ignition on. (fuse 9 powers it with ign' off and door open.)

Hi

Further to my reply a few moments ago. I just noticed on the fuse card that fuse 2 states wipe/wash system, optical horn(relayheadlamp cleaning unit term 86, relay comfort circuitry term 86). Fuse 9 is relay comfort circuitry again. thank you for the Very useful info about what each one does about door opening and closing and comfort relay power.

what is term 86 ?

I dont have headlamp cleaning and the windscreen wipers are working.

As soon as it gets daylight I'll go and look. Thanks once again. i will attach the pics of the fuse card , if that helps explain my confusion.

Attachments

• IMG_6470.JPG
    IMG_6470.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_6471.JPG
    IMG_6471.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_6472.JPG
    IMG_6472.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
Don't worry about the 86 it's just a notation for a relay coil, which in your case isn't fitted.

Hi
Thank you for clearing up the ''86'' syndrome. My sunroof is working as it turned out to be switch in the roof panel was sticking.
So now we are still at the stage of windows dont work with ignition on or off with the doors closed. As soon soon as either door is opened all the windows start to work.

The other thing that I noticed was when I used to start the car there was a audio clicking sound almost like an alarm being disarmed and when i used to get that sound then the windows and stereo would all work fine. Almost like a chime.
What was that sound that no longer comes.?
The car starts and drives '' No issues''

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

HI GREAT NEWS wrdcc01:)

you were right , I took out fuse 2 it looked OK but i gave it a rub down at its ends and put it and hey presto that chime sound came back when I started the car and everything is working. Ive been told by a friend that the sound is the stereo shutting down and starting up. LOL.

Many thanks Your a star!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom