supagard products

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

matty.13

Car
Bmw ///M coupe . BMW v10 m5
hi ive been given a supagard car cleaning kit , just woundering if ther products are any good before i use them it came with the following products;
-alloy wheel cleaner
-alloy wheel protector
-acid rain neutralising shampoo
-paint seal cream
-upholstery cleaner
if you have used any of these please let me know what you think ?

When I bought a focus from Motor Nation in Cannock, they tried to flog me 'Supaguard' for a hundred quid. Obviously I said no, but I have to say, the demonstration they do is quite convincing...liquid just rolled off the seat cloth sample they showed me and the paint protector is allegedly just as good.

The wheel protector is quite good, shampoo is pretty lousy.

Shame those kits don't come with the actual sealant, but that is a dog to remove by hand.

Haven't tried all the products but MB rebadge the products as StarGuard so must be okay. Used the Leather kit and shampoo products and they are just fine as are trim and tyre product.

General thought on the BMW forums (stike me down with a bolt of lightening now) is that supargard are a pile of crap - generally cheap products and all the rubbish about don't wax for three yeras is complete crap.

One of my last new BMW's had it as a treatment (a 2008i 325 m-sport vert) and it was as much use as a chocolate fireguard. flies still ate into the soft water based paint :crazy:

Just use some decent autoglym, zymol etc waxes on it, build up a few coats and you will see the benefits.

J

As James1976 says, you're far better using known brand products such as Autoglym, but using the supaguard won't do any harm, it just won't last as long as they claim, from my experience anyway.

When I bought my new CLC in June this year it had been Supergarded by the dealership as a freebie. One of the first things I did was give it a good shampoo and a couple of coats of Autoglym Deep Shine and it looks great, hopefully it will last through the winter with just normal washing.

well i used the shampoo and the alloy wheel cleaner , both seemed to do a good job . i always have used autoglym products in the past and have read mixed reviews about there polish aswell i guess its just down to the indivduel .

Matty
I ve got the stargard treatment on mine - just exterior and i m happy with it , comes up nice after each wash and should apparently last a while
i also have two bags of various cleaners which i havent used yet (I m lazy )
just got back from France ...my cars filthy ....hope the Detailing Police dont catch me!

Last edited:
Matty
I ve got the stargard treatment on mine - just exterior and i m happy with it , comes up nice after each wash and should apparently last a while
i also have two bags of various cleaners which i havent used yet (I m lazy )
just got back from France ...my cars filthy ....hope the Detailing Police dont catch me![/Q

cheers for the heads up , if you free sat come to the amg meet up bluewater mate

When I bought my Lexus Gs300 sport, I had supagard treatment done to it by recommendation. I was totally disappointed with it. The paintwork never recovered its deep shine. Despite all my polishing efforts with autoglym and the like, the car always had a misty finish. I complained to Lexus in Guilford, who said they would give me an after treatment care kit. IT DID NOT WORK! I would never have the treatment on a car again. Just my opinion guys.

After treatment care kit? Seems like there could be a known problem there then.

Amazing what you find out on the forum.

Thanks Les.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom