Supaguard - what is it exactly?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

crammy69

Car
2001 W210 E55 AMG,2010 Fiat 500 1.2,2002 Triumph America,LML Star 125 DLX,1984 C70,2011 Thruxton
When we bought my wifes Fiat 500 , I got the saleswoman to throw in a supaguard treatment. The car came with a little valet kit lbelled supagueard, and it looked like it had been waxed (badly).

Yesteday the Mrs took the car for a wash and noticed lots of gritty little yellow dots ( very very small) on the boot - could this be the supaguard treatment?

Supagard

Same as Diamondbrite etc offered by dealers to protect your car. It is basically paint protection and interior protection. You can buy the kits at a fraction of the cost the dealers charge to do it. Most dealers do apply it badly. A Class got a free supagard when we bought it.

Yellow dots dont sound like it has anything to do with the supagard.

Last edited:
When I worked a a large new vehicle prep centre the rep from Supagard came a demonstrated the product to us. The cost of the kit's would have been arounf £50 with an end price of up to £400!!.I used the kit he left on my own car and the resin/paintseal treatment is excellent.Dealers offer this treatment as they know must private purchasers will say yes on the spur of the moment.it is the same as asking "do you want the carpet mats in blue or black" !!

I bought an equivalent kit from MB parts a few years ago, was £30 to me but £300 if applied in the showroom prior to collection by the saturday boy.

Ebay! i bought just the carpet treatment as my own clay\wax routine would be better than supagard!

I had Supagard done (free) on my SL when I bought it as an Approved Used car. The treatment includes the leather etc. (i.e. not just paintwork), no problems with mine - looked good.

As above, yellow dots sounds like something left behind by a badly done application process.

I was given a little bottle (200ml) of the stuff for black bumpers and the like, all you had to use was the minutest amount and it lasted for ages! It also made the bumpers/black plastic look like new for a very long time, much longer than anything else I ever used!!!
Wish I could get some more?!

You can buy from their website or ebay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom