Super charger grinding noise

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Starky

Car
W211
I took the car today to have the crank position sensor changed, when I arrived to collect the car the mechanic said that when you turn off the engine you can hear a grinding noise from the super charger. I’ve never really noticed but now he has pointed it out its all i can hear.

I have read on other forums that you can replace the supercharger bearing which is a quick fix, as Mercedes will want to replace the whole unit.

has anyone had a similar problem? and if so some advice would be great.

Given the good service you got from the Indy, I'd be very tempted to ask them for a quote to solve the issue.

I'd avoid an MB dealer like the plague personally.

I'm going to get back in contact with him, I did ask about fixing it but he said unfortunately there wasn’t enough time to fully check it out. I just hope it won’t cost a fortune

if its anything like the E55 supercharger, then the clutch bearings go which can cause a grinding noise, MB only supply the whole clutch kit which is well over £1K, but you can pick up the bearing and just change that for under £50 + labour

I spoke to Olly and I will be getting him to sort it out. Thanks for your reply's.

The car costing me more than I thought it would do, next on the list is a new set of 4 tyres + tracking and balancing I don't think it's gona be cheap!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom