Super Charger Problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marksmerc

Car
C230 Kompressor Sport
W202 - 96 C230 COMPRESSOR SPORT

I started the car up today and I could hear a funny noise from the engine so I lifted the bonnet and had a look inside, and it appears to be coming from the super charger pulley wheel. I revved the engine a couple of times and pulley wheel doesn’t seem to be engaging properly and the plate on front of the pulley wheel appears to be wobbly, so I am thinking it could be the clutch mechanism on the pulley.

I would very grateful for anybody’s advice please
Mark

Yes there is a clutch mechanism on the SC that can fail, sounds like this could be the prob.

Yes there is a clutch mechanism on the SC that can fail, sounds like this could be the prob.

Hi,
Thanks for that. Can i buy the clutch mechanism on its own and if so, how biga job is it and what tools would i need.

Not sure as I never done one but sure someone with a more in depth knowledge than me will be along shortly.

I think the charger pulley is replaceable.
thank`s for that. I have done some investigating today and providing it is the pulley wheel/cluch its £ 275.00 + vat from mercedes, unless any body else can get me a better price or one for Free( wishfull thinking)as nobody else seems to do one.

Thank`s
Mark

thank`s for that. I have done some investigating today and providing it is the pulley wheel/cluch its £ 275.00 + vat from mercedes, unless any body else can get me a better price or one for Free( wishfull thinking)as nobody else seems to do one.

Thank`s
Mark

You can probably get it from ASP racing in the States might save a few quid, give them a call they are brilliant with their advice. LINKY

I have a complete supercharger from a 230K for sale. Once you get up to 30 posts (nearly there), PM me if you are interested.

Will do Thank you, but i dont think i can pm you as i am a new member
Mark

You can probably get it from ASP racing in the States might save a few quid, give them a call they are brilliant with their advice. LINKY

Thanks’ for the link I’ve sent them an email. I was able to read the part no on the pulley -A111097OO28KZ Don’t know if this part number looks familiar to anyone.

hi

if the part number is A111097OO28KZ then it has been changed to the below one.

A 1110970128

Retail is £308.00 + Vat

Are you sure they are the right part number?

Acid

hi

A 1110970128

Retail is £308.00 + Vat

Acid

Right Thank you for your help. A lot of money for pulley, do you know if it’s a big job to change.

hi

A 1110970128

Retail is £308.00 + Vat

Acid
Yes Thankyou for that. a bit expensive though.if i get the part do you know if its a big job fitting it?

hi

A 1110970128

Retail is £308.00 + Vat

Acid

It’s probably me, but I can’t seem to find my replies to you. Am I doing something wrong being a new member and all that?:dk:

hi

A 1110970128

Retail is £308.00 + Vat

Acid

It’s probably me, but I can’t seem to find my replies to you. Am I doing something wrong being a new member and all that?:dk:

Sorry it’s me didn’t realise it have gone onto another page.:doh:

Hi

That is retail price that is without any discount but you need to make sure it is the correct part before you spend any money

Thanks acid

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom