Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Boss

MB Enthusiast
Car
private!
Hi

#1)

i am looking for between 35 and 40 super tall clear glass vases for centre pieces for my wedding reception.

ideally, the vases need to be atleast 50/60cm wall, have a wide base.

any ideas where i can buy these from or rent these or a distributor or manufacturer whom can help.

#2)

i am looking for a way to create low lying dry ice fog. But i am looking for the system to be battery operated, to come out of a water fishbowl and stay low lying, and to last upto 5-6 hours...

similar illusion to a witches cauldron if this makes sense..

any pointers appreciated!

Hi
#1)
i am looking for between 35 and 40 super tall clear glass vases for centre pieces for my wedding reception.
ideally, the vases need to be atleast 50/60cm wall, have a wide base.
any ideas where i can buy these from or rent these or a distributor or manufacturer whom can help.

any pointers appreciated!

Try these guys, even if you don't like the link, I'm sure they can find something perfect.

Rainbow Florist Supplies Ltd. Lily Vase 60cm - Carton of 6

Try Ikea, they do lots of glass stuff and reasonable too....

Can't help with the vases, but congratulations for the wedding. :thumb:

To make normal fog low lying it needs to be cooled, as it is created by vaporising a water/glycol mix it has a tendancy to rise. The easiest way I can think of is to keep the water in the fish bowl topped off with ice from the bar and use the pond fogger that HJ suggested it should be ideal.

The other way is to rent a CO2 Dry Ice fogger, but that needs constant attention and also fills the room with CO2.

Bearing in mind even thought the Water/Glycol fogger mixes are deemed "health risk free" they can get irritating if experienced in an enclosed space for a long time. Especially if you has Asthma so make sure the reception has some ventilation.

A Pikey Deity if ever there was one.

As others have said, a glycol based fogger wont do the trick as the fog wont lie low but will disperse around the room.

You need to cool the fog somehow (usually dry ice/CO2)...

How long do you need the fog to last? If you don't need it to last that long, I would put a bit of dry ice in the bowls and add some water over the top when you need the fog. You would get a low-lying fog effect... but it'll only last a few minutes... That said... if you were to mix those gel-water retaining crystals with some crushed ice and crushed dry ice, you may be able to get a longer lasting fog... though not sure how dense...

Spread some flowers over the top and... well... experiment before the wedding :p

m.

As others have said, a glycol based fogger wont do the trick as the fog wont lie low but will disperse around the room.

You need to cool the fog somehow (usually dry ice/CO2)...

How long do you need the fog to last? If you don't need it to last that long, I would put a bit of dry ice in the bowls and add some water over the top when you need the fog. You would get a low-lying fog effect... but it'll only last a few minutes... That said... if you were to mix those gel-water retaining crystals with some crushed ice and crushed dry ice, you may be able to get a longer lasting fog... though not sure how dense...

Spread some flowers over the top and... well... experiment before the wedding :p

thanks buddy

im toying with the idea, i need it to last a good 45 mins to perhaps 3 hours..

dry ice in water will eventually freeze
dry ice in warm water will freeze slower, but freeze none the less
dry ice in warm water, with a heating element will be ok, but i have no mains connection.

my logic, is find a liquid with a lower freezing point on Kelvin scale than water.. eg, olive oil etc.. this could work, but my research suggests, the dry ice will make the oilive oil sluggish etc..

i would have the water and dry ice in a fish bowl style tub, but it will not have a heating element, and thus i need the temperature to stay stable and not freeze too easily, or i need a way to maintain the temperature above freezing for thhis to last etc..

im scientifically playing with the idea of differing solutions.. liquids etc..

its exciting, but tough aswell

Dry Ice sublimates (goes from Solid to Gas) at anything above -56 Celcius a couple of pellets in a pint or so of water wont freeze it. Between the "super-cavitating" effect of the gas boiling and the fact it doesn't hang around long usually means it doesn't cause much of a problem.

It definitely wont last 45 mins, more like 4.5mins....

To get the effect you are looking for its impossible without commercial theatre effects equipment and scale.

Dry Ice Fog and Special Effects

Large Room (Use 3-4 Pots) - 50 lb package - Up to an hour

To give you an idea of what you are up against.

It sounds like a great idea that everyone will remember, sadly the logistics make ordering the cake look easy....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom