Supercar Meet London - Revs, Power Slide and Burn Outs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

F1YMS

Car
None
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I’ve never understood the appeal of revving your car whilst parked or stopped in traffic.

I recognise the plate and guy at 1:35 from somewhere! :D

The Lamborghini Yourarse looks alright actually - not that I could drive one around personally. Perhaps Bentley ought to reconsider their "option".

I’ve never understood the appeal of revving your car whilst parked or stopped in traffic.

That's because you don't have a V8, V10 or V12 ;)

I wouldn’t do it even if I had one, don’t they sound better under load anyway? and it’s the noise teamed with the acceleration that I think is appealing. Not to mention unnecessary wear and tear on the engine.

Each to their own though. Guess its a bit of fun. :thumb:

Which one the C63 BS? That’s MSLs car I believe, and it’s a chameleon wrap :p

As is the porker at 1:03 I think. Supercar meet at HR Owen it would seem. Some very nice metal indeed.

Yep....looks like HR OWEN in park royal. It gets boring seeing them day in day out.........need to start finding a way to own one.........im going to empty out my daughter's piggy bank

A lot of needless congestion, noise and potential danger in a built up area , with pedestrians stepping out in front of moving cars to take photographs.

They would be much better hiring a race track for the day to hold their meeting , where they could then try out / show off their cars in safety, and without causing a nuisance to others who have no interest .

Those who have the money to indulge in these cars should be able to afford a track day .

Many of those cars will never see a race track, most they’ll do is driving through central London, whilst being revd to bits.

Last edited:
Many of those cars will never see a race track, most they’ll do is driving through central London, whilst being revd to bits.
Indeed , and that is an antisocial nuisance .

I’m all for owners of such cars taking them out on the open road to enjoy them , or to a track day - but to cause congestion and noise nuisance to others in a busy city with already poor air quality is just plain stupid .

The police should crack down on such activities just the same as they do with the boy racers in McDonalds car parks , seaside towns and elsewhere.

Having their cars put in the pound and the drivers charged with disturbing the peace would put their gas at a peep .

It's all just part of the look at me thing isn't it...

Only problem with a track day is they become over confident after the event and really start believing & behaving like they are race car drivers. Is it time for telemetry on these cars when they are on public roads...?

Tracks should be open each and every Friday and Saturday night over summer together with the support facilities, I'd be a hoot.

Reactions: 219
Rather have one of these...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I love cars, but have to agree that I find nothing appealing about revving the nuts off a car while parked.
Nothing worse for a car in my opinion.
A lot of these people do it on a cold engine too.
Some people aren’t bothered by this and I respect that, but I have too much sympathy for cars to enjoy hearing/ seeing it.
It’s also annoying to hear, no matter what car it is.

I certainly wouldn’t be revving the nuts off a Lambo either.. too many videos on YouTube of those things setting fire to their own ar$es while being revved up.

I’ll admit that I might (very) occasionally kick my throttle over (once) when I’m out in it, but this is always when the car is warm and for my enjoyment, not that of a bunch of youths or onlookers who might be close by.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom